Ford Mustang 1964 1/2 Convertible 1/16 from the Coupe AMT kit: the Indy 500 Pace Car

15 minutes ago, CrazyCrank said:

You've gone as crazy than me, my dear Olivier :)

I do love your imagination and your skills :)

I am gonna choose a new nickname, Totally Mad, my dear Thierry 😂! (or maybe CrazyCrank II...)

Thanks a lot, compliments (?) coming from the great modeler you are priceless... 

Cheers, Olivier

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OUTSTANDING work. :clap:and a very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY  Olivier.

I love your builds as you are a brilliant  modeller with exacting detailing in your models.

thank you.

:wow:

HOUSTON       :worthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot HOUSTON, very kind! 🙏

I remember your very encouraging words along my P-51D Mustang build, I am so glad seeing that you are following this other Mustang one...

A new little update with the knob legs:

spacer.png

Cheers, Olivier

• Like 3

Mmm... My dear Harvey, I wonder if I am not going to really change my nickname in Brit (this de St Raph could suggest that I am of blue blood what is not at all the case). I think Totally Mad Olivier would connect with me better. What do you think? Of course, this nickname is not so important after all, and I don't know how to modify it (is it even possible?) but...

In the meantime, a new little (very little) update, my ventilation unit being ready for the painting job:

spacer.png

Cheers, Olivier

• Like 7

The process is describe here: 

Mike is a moderator so he could fix this for you if you really really want to go through with this. I'm sure the nickname "Totally Mad Olivier" is still free hahaha... 

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot, Jeroen! One more time, you give me a hand about the Brit how to use...

Well, as you can see, it's done! A good thing, as I was not very happy with this nickname, chosen very quickly as I was doing my first steps in Brit a few years ago, in the Fiat 806 Gangshow thread (it seems to me very long ago, September 7, 2016 on p. 25...)

Now you can call me TMO...

To come-back to my Mustang, I must say that the strategy of painting for the dashboard is not simple. As I said above, I will first paint the Blue dashboard cap (after masking), then the WW portions, then the Chrome portions and finally the Black ones (or rather Dark Grey) with a paintbrush and Vallejo acrylics.

I made the masking job for the first step:

spacer.png

Now, choosing the shade of Blue is not obvious too, as I just have period pics and the restored version as reference...

Cheers,  Olivier

N.B: my ventilation unit is stored waiting for the Chrome painting job, that will be done in the same time than for the dashboard portions...

• Like 5

As I have no precise reference, I will use the XF-8 lightened with XF-2 White I used for the blue portions of my Nieuport 11 (I had not used all my mixture) and that seems to match quite well with my docs (like the one below):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unlike these pics suggest, my "Nieuport" Blue is a bit too light imho, I will apply a darker coat after small necessary corrections...

Cheers, Olivier

• Like 7

So much fiddly work on that ventilation control, I think I would have said "that will do" long before now! The blue on the dash looks good in the pictures compared to your source pic, but I know it's not always the same as when you see it with your own eyes

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mr Mansfield said:

The blue on the dash looks good in the pictures compared to your source pic, but I know it's not always the same as when you see it with your own eyes

Thanks a lot, Mr Mansfield! it's exactly that, and I just applied the 2nd coat. I am now rather glad with the result.

Cheers, Olivier

Hello chaps,

this will be my only (little) update today, full day pro work:

spacer.png

N.B: on this other period close-up below, the dash cap appears a bit darker than on the one of the post# 744 above:

spacer.png

Stay in tune if you like 😉

Olivier

• Like 7

1000 thanks, Dan*! And glad you "love" my new nickname. I certainly don't deserve the so kind compliments you ever expressed in the Nieuport 11 thread, and now here, but they are definitely the best encouragement to go on.

Cheers my buddy,  Olivier

* and thanks too to JeroenS, Hamden, Harvey, Hannes, Mr Mansfield for your "likes", very encouraging too...

• Like 2