Su-33 Flanker

Excellent. I've already done the Italeri one and have an SU-34 in the stash.

Depending on your findings I may have to get another.

Edited by Harry_the_Spider
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:33 PM, Harry_the_Spider said:

Excellent. I've already done the Italeri one and have an SU-34 in the stash.

Depending on your findings I may have to get another.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:58 PM, Tyxxx said:

Looking forward to this one Roger. Are you at the club Friday?

Sorry I missed your posts fella's,  I travelled back to Aberdeen on Thursday,  crew changed and sailed Friday.  Which also explains why I wasn't there on Friday Andy.

I have made a start though and first impressions of the kit are good. I'll apologise now for any errors in the positioning of flaps or anything else for that matter. The intention is to have this built and painted before going home on 10th August purely for the fun of it and without stressing about minor (to me anyway) details.

I'll post some more pics shortly but here's the first one...

20180716_121055

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Like 2

And a bit further. This is going together way better than the last Zvezda kit I built. After that one I said I would never buy another. However, having said that I've got a bit more experience under my belt so it's maybe being a bit unfair to Zvezda.

20180718_211851

• Like 2

Nice progress!

I have one in the stash, but have just returned to airbrushing after not using one for more than a decade. I'll practice some more on older kits first before tackling the Sea Flanker.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hook said:

Nice progress!

I have one in the stash, but have just returned to airbrushing after not using one for more than a decade. I'll practice some more on older kits first before tackling the Sea Flanker.

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks Andre. I havent airbrushed anything as complex as this myself either so we'll see what happens. 😃

1 hour ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Not too heavy on the filler the Roger?

I fell an imminent purchase coming on. 

I had a problem with one area which required filling and sanding, I'm attempting to upload a photo to Flickr at present to best demonstrate it. Our WiFi signal isn't very strong so it usually takes a few attempts. Which is also why there are few update photos.

Apart from that it's gone together very well, I would recommend it (So far 🤣 ).

Photo coming as soon as it will upload. ☺

At last. This is the only area where I've run up against any kind of problem fit wise. Whether it's the fault of the kit or something I've done, or not done, I don't know.

I needed quite a bit of filler here and there was a sizeable ridge. After a fair amount of sanding I decided I'd removed enough of the ridge and unfortunately the surrounding detail and just to get on with it and hope it's not too noticeable. 

20180722_112230

I think they probably will..... and that looks fine. 

I once jokingly said I'd be better buying and building two of each model, one to practice on and learn the potential pitfalls and the second the real build, they more I think about it..........😃