1/48 airfix ju 87 b/r stg2

8 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Really great work, painting, detail and the research has helped the fine accuracy points. 

You should sign up for the Stuka group build that is being proposed over at the group build section, always good fun, informative and Stukas of all types 

Thanks valkyrie, yip I might, I'm impressed with the new airfix ju 87 it's the first airfix kit I have built in years. Their b-1 is tempting or possibly a ju 87 g. Nick

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Niknak said:

Thanks valkyrie, yip I might, I'm impressed with the new airfix ju 87 it's the first airfix kit I have built in years. Their b-1 is tempting or possibly a ju 87 g. Nick

I do like the look of them too. So far I have the Zvezda B1 which was kindly donated by another Stuka fan Stew on BM, bit of pressure then to ensure that one turns out, so an Afrika Airfix to practice perhaps. Get signed up, the Stuka build needs your knowledge and enthusiasm 

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2018 at 12:50, Valkyrie said:

I do like the look of them too. So far I have the Zvezda B1 which was kindly donated by another Stuka fan Stew on BM, bit of pressure then to ensure that one turns out, so an Afrika Airfix to practice perhaps. Get signed up, the Stuka build needs your knowledge and enthusiasm 

Hi valkyrie, did not know zvezda did a ju 87. If you are doing a African ju 87 and it had a sand upper surface it was probably sprayed with Italian sand. As most arrived in theater in 70,71,65 scheme. If you need any help just ask. If I can help I will. Nick

43 minutes ago, Niknak said:

Hi valkyrie, did not know zvezda did a ju 87. If you are doing a African ju 87 and it had a sand upper surface it was probably sprayed with Italian sand. As most arrived in theater in 70,71,65 scheme. If you need any help just ask. If I can help I will. Nick

Thanks Nick. Luftwaffe desert scheme is my thing at the minute, been reading net stuff, your bits re Italian colours in Luftwaffe Africa. Spend £100+ on books this last week and still confused. There’s the so many Italian and RLM yellows or browns for the Africa and MTO sandgelb, sandbraun, sandbraun II, sandgelb A, cociallo brown, arrgghhhh

Need a copy of that Ullman book and every paint I can get then try each one. See the FW190 on the front of Ullmans book, that’s what I’m looking for, that brown colour and I think it’s the Italian cociallo 4 one. I can’t remember the name now.  I have built 6 so far but now I’m into making a start on my display 4 from Italy with 190s, 109s and 87s from Africa right through. Some are brown some are yellow! Not easy, great hobby tho. I’ve not seen a brown Ju87 though...yet....

Oh, the Zvezda is a snap fit 1/72, good reviews

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

Hi all I have been on with the small details. I have finished the gun sight I used 5 thou clear plastic card for the lense 

2018-08-23_09-53-12

And fitted

2018-08-24_12-10-23

I used a piece of wire for the activation rods on the rudder an elivators trims

2018-08-23_09-52-52

I have modified the kit wing bomb crutches to show the sway brasses. 

But drilling the center out and shaping them with a craft knife before painting them rlm 66.

2018-08-23_10-16-52

The resin  exhausts have been fitted as well as the resin wheels. 

2018-08-24_12-10-10

Thanks for looking comments are welcomed

21 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Thanks Nick. Luftwaffe desert scheme is my thing at the minute, been reading net stuff, your bits re Italian colours in Luftwaffe Africa. Spend £100+ on books this last week and still confused. There’s the so many Italian and RLM yellows or browns for the Africa and MTO sandgelb, sandbraun, sandbraun II, sandgelb A, cociallo brown, arrgghhhh

Need a copy of that Ullman book and every paint I can get then try each one. See the FW190 on the front of Ullmans book, that’s what I’m looking for, that brown colour and I think it’s the Italian cociallo 4 one. I can’t remember the name now.  I have built 6 so far but now I’m into making a start on my display 4 from Italy with 190s, 109s and 87s from Africa right through. Some are brown some are yellow! Not easy, great hobby tho. I’ve not seen a brown Ju87 though...yet....

Oh, the Zvezda is a snap fit 1/72, good reviews

Hi valkyrie, as far as I know sandgelb was usually used on vehicals  the colours I usually use are rlm 79, 79a 80. And the following Italian colours giallo mimetico 4 (this is a good match for the colour chips I have of rlm 79.) and Verde mimetico 2.  The giallo m 4 is the darkest of the giallo m listed in Micheal Ullmans luftwaffe colours.the fw 190 on the cover could be 79a, 80 (the rlm 79a is a darker tan than the rlm 79.) There is a nocciola chiaro which is a milk  chocolate brown. If you would like to see what the giallo mimetico 4 & Verde m 2 look like you can see then on one of the bf 109 e's which I have on ready for inspection. I also have a bf 109 g-2 which is painted in the rlm 79,80 colours. If you cannot find them ill post them on the nxt up date. I think Michael's book is available on amazon for around £70. Nick

Edited by Niknak
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Niknak said:

Hi valkyrie, as far as I know sandgelb was usually used on vehicals  the colours I usually use are rlm 79, 79a 80. And the following Italian colours giallo mimetico 4 (this is a good match for the colour chips I have of rlm 79.) and Verde mimetico 2.  The giallo m 4 is the darkest of the giallo m listed in Micheal Ullmans luftwaffe colours.the fw 190 on the cover could be 79a, 80 (the rlm 79a is a darker tan than the rlm 79.) There is a nocciola chiaro which is a milk  chocolate brown. If you would like to see what the giallo mimetico 4 & Verde m 2 look like you can see then on one of the bf 109 e's which I have on ready for inspection. I also have a bf 109 g-2 which is painted in the rlm 79,80 colours. If you cannot find them ill post them on the nxt up date. I think Michael's book is available on amazon for around £70. Nick

Thanks for this. I shall hunt for your previous RFI Me 109s as, as well as the colour intrest, I am Blitz building a 109 for the BG Blitz Build tomorrow, 24 Hours to fire out a completed model. I’m kicking off at 5am. I will also look for that book tonight after dinner out, which probably means after dinner and a couple of whiskies il buy the book, the lifecolor Italian Range and another couple of Stukas

Well Nick 4 beers and a couple of whiskies watching Dunkirk late into the night and woke up this morning with an order confirmation for Ullman’s Luftwaffe Colours book 2008 print in my emails. £69.....spit on with your advice to locate, thanks! Some Stuka work today? It’s coming on really well

• Thanks 1

Hi all, she's nail finished rear mg position  has been finished and wing mgs fitted, I have started to fit the bombs, 

2018-08-26_11-30-40

2018-08-26_11-29-31

I have put more photos into the mto gallary, I just needs the exhaust stains ,weathering finished and a base.i wont have time to do the base. (When these are done it will be put into rfi section).Thanks for looking, comments are welcomed. Nick

Edited by Niknak