1/100 flying truck.

So this one started life as a little zvezda kit and now it's from the world of antigravity and all things that fly boats ships and cars and this will probably end up on my flying boat dio. 

I wanted this one to look well used but not a total wreck,  picture of my weather kit for ref. 

Let me know what you think good and bad

Cheers Brian. 

IMG_20180710_212216.jpg

IMG_20180710_212158.jpg

IMG_20180710_212319.jpg

IMG_20180710_212345.jpg

IMG_20180710_212453.jpg

IMG_20180710_211954.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 5

I think it looks amazing and my mind boggles at how you have managed to do all those weathering processes on something so small and yet keep it all in scale. I particularly like the wood effect and I would be happy if I got that look on a 1/35 scale truck let alone 1/100. 

great job mate 

Pete

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Really cool! Makes me think of the converted Junk boat in Fifth Element, nice one!

Cheers , it was a fun little build, its a bit of a Alejandro Burdisio/ Ian McQue mash up but I keep looking at that junk boat from the Fifth Element and think I should have a go at making one......one day.

4 hours ago, Brundledonk said:

I think it looks amazing and my mind boggles at how you have managed to do all those weathering processes on something so small and yet keep it all in scale. I particularly like the wood effect and I would be happy if I got that look on a 1/35 scale truck let alone 1/100. 

great job mate 

Pete

Thanks, my first time trying to replicate wood so I think I got lucky but it's definitely my favorite part of the paint scheme as well. Zvezda  do 2 or 3 more trucks in this scale so I might have to get the full set. 

• 3 weeks later...

Like this very much, the only thing I'd change is the curly cable underneath - it looks a bit overscale to me. It's definitely good to have some dangly stuff there, but maybe a tighter curl (like a truck air line) or a plain hanging loop might be more in-keeping?

Also what did you use for the lift engines? They're a nice balance of detail and solidity.

Thanks,

Will

• Like 1

This sound like a good game of guess the part.🤪

It's from a Medical, veterinary and brewing equipment and you get 2 in a pack coloured red and blue but they are not the main component in the pack. 

Edited by rockpopandchips