Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF Mk.12, Matchbox 1/72

Well, what can I say? Venerable old Matchbox - the kits of my childhood (yes, that old) :D

I love Meteors so much that I decided to re-scribe this one, not something I usually do... The rest is OOB, except seat belts from tape and wingtip lights made from clear plastic. Used only slight pre-shading as most photos show them quite clean. Wheel wells were left untouched though, didn't have the nerves.

1528657837_92_52.jpg

1528657834_92_22.jpg

1528657833_92_41.jpg 

Edited by Dimiter
  • Like 40

Hi Dimiter, 

Welcome to BM, that is one of the best built Matchbox Meteors I've seen. The re-scribing really makes a difference, and you have managed to hide all the bad joints which is something I haven't achieved!

That kit brings back happy memories for me to.

Colin

• Like 1

You've really cleaned up the old gal nicely! Well done! I often wonder what the kits would have looked like if Matchbox had stayed in the business- especially where scribing and transparencies were concerned. They always seemed to have very good  dimensions and outlines- just needed better scribing and crisper detail parts. Their biplanes, however, don't look like they came from the same company, as they were so much better than the kits from other eras!

Mike

• Like 1

Inspirational build and finish and beautifully displayed. A Matchbox Meteor nightfighter .............. thank you

I agree with Colin, it is probably the best Matchbox Meteor night fighter I have seen.

regards, adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 1

On 10 July 2018 at 4:26 PM, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Hi Dimiter, 

Welcome to BM, that is one of the best built Matchbox Meteors I've seen. The re-scribing really makes a difference, and you have managed to hide all the bad joints which is something I haven't achieved!

That kit brings back happy memories for me to.

Colin

Agreed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IanC said:

Fantastic build. A real beauty.

Which paints did you use? That green reminds me of Humbrol 30 - another classic! 

Humbrol 30 indeed :) The other one is some grey from the Vallejo range, don't remember by heart. 

You must really like Meteors! The Matchbox kit is not the easiest to make but you have made a 'silk purse' out of it, well done for that. I haven't recovered sufficiently from my first attempt at one to start any of the others in my stash :drunk:

Duncan B

• Like 1

You really make me blush, mates! :blush:

I got such a nice comments, some of them from people I admire for years - thanks a million :)

And yes - I ❤️ Meteors (and early British jets in general) I have several more in my stash from F.1 to F.8 waiting their turn.