Tamiya 1/48 Fw 190A-8 Conv.,

G'day, Havent put anything up in a while. House moving, settling in, Life etc. Anyway this is a Tamiya 190A-8 'converted'to the A-7. more or less. I actually built it to paint stage back in 2015 and then packed it away over the Queensland summer. At the endof summer we sold up and moved. So I eventually this year dragged the box out from a much diminished stash and decided to finish it. It represents a 190A7 of 2/JG 1 early 1944.  decals were from an old Aeromaster sheet plus nose stripes from elsewhere. Sundry references were consulted.

For those interested it was sprayed in Vallejo/Italeri RLM 76 with a mix of Tamiya and some Gunze acrylics for the rest. I do like Vallejo paints but I always have a hard time using them one way or another. The brush used was an Iwata HP-CS with fine tip. Final weathering and varnish (Pledge Floor shine ..the Future down under) with an old Badger! It was a lot of fun and I was pleased with the outcome and not too many cock ups (well for me anyway)

So the first photo is of it primed and pre-shading added.

Second is with the finished colour coats applied and masking removed and varnish sprayed ready for decalling.

The rest is the finished article.  cheers JH 

2MKpUXu.jpg

KnoOgii.jpg

EXNpjgr.jpg

YmM4zvE.jpg

H3MTVdX.jpg

MWlNnZP.jpg

euyVS9m.jpg

VBfEno7.jpg

Edited by longweight
photos upload
  • Like 28