1/72 Cold War Soviet Mud-Mover

58 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Bit concerned that the short run nature of the Modelsvit kit might put it outside my range.....The last thing I want to be doing is rescribing panel lines over the spine of a modern jet!  :unsure:

Haven't you, of your own free will, purchased Mirage kits? Modelsvit should be as nothing to a man of your skills.

In any case, Soviet tactical aircraft are badly served for nice modern kits from big manufacturers. You could do an Afghan War Su-24M from the Trumpeter kit, but would need some references to get the greeblies right. Be glad it isn't an Amodel kit. ::shudder:: The MiG-23 and MiG-27 by KP/RV are both also limited run kits at their core, and allegedly demand much filler. Unless you want to build a MiG-21MF used as a fighter-bomber (if any were, I don't know) by the Afghan air force so you can do the Eduard kit, I'm not sure what other options there are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

Haven't you, of your own free will, purchased Mirage kits?

You don't have to rescribe delicate panel lines on a tank very often and if you do and you mess it up it's a lot easier to disguise.  :unsure:

The Su.22M3 is in my virtual basket, it's just a matter of time TBH (I know myself far too well to truly believe that I won't buy it).....Reckon I might get some more rescribing practice in before I start it though.  ;)

3 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Some Mig 21 stuff here:

An Afghan Mig.21 does rather appeal TBH and that's a great site.....Cheers.  :coolio:

Hi!
Excuse me for coming here, but I couldn't find better thread...

So, I have a MiG-23 BN to buld. I want to install MERs, but I can not find a dammn MBD3-U2T-1 rack in 1/72 scale. Have you got sirs any idea to get it?

17 hours ago, Borisz said:

Hi!
Excuse me for coming here, but I couldn't find better thread...

So, I have a MiG-23 BN to buld. I want to install MERs, but I can not find a dammn MBD3-U2T-1 rack in 1/72 scale. Have you got sirs any idea to get it?

I seem to recall seeing some in the Trumpeter Su-24M kit, which has a lot of ordnance in it. Been two years since I built it, though.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Procopius said:

I seem to recall seeing some in the Trumpeter Su-24M kit, which has a lot of ordnance in it. Been two years since I built it, though.

The Trumpeter Su-24M has different racks - MBD3-U6-68's instead of MBD3-U2T-1's. 

And I though US designations were confusing.!  ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1