M8 Greyhound with M55 Quad Gun - Colombian Army PAINT JOB

• 1 month later...

Thanks Rob...

Hi guys,

It's been some time since my last posts here, my apologies. I was involved with other projects like my Marder III DAK. 

Well, the new diesel engine deck was finished and I also added some pieces on the rear of the vehicle. As I said, the diesel engine deck from MR Modellbau  resin conversion has some errors and was not used, except a small part that I cut...

VTq0bPe.jpg

Z6O8ug0.jpg

LkZJrcG.jpg

IWSY9vy.jpg

Qrme5B3.jpg

• Like 11

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

It´s been some time since my last posts, my apologies again. Well, meanwhile I added some photo etched parts, a new antenna base and mount (the correct type for this version), I make the quad .50 machine gun mount with full movement (up and down too) and other minor changes.

iD9cxHn.jpg

CwDL0Bc.jpg

zaqXpdH.jpg

abfHwKi.jpg

XGG2uJg.jpg

l8grxD3.jpg

That´s all for now folks. Merry Christmas...By the way, tomorrow I'll travel to Berlin and on January 5th I will visit the Deutsches Panzermuseum (Munster) :yahoo: .

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Carius said:

Hi guys,

It´s been some time since my last posts, my apologies again. Well, meanwhile I added some photo etched parts, a new antenna base and mount (the correct type for this version), I make the quad .50 machine gun mount with full movement (up and down too) and other minor changes.

iD9cxHn.jpg

CwDL0Bc.jpg

zaqXpdH.jpg

abfHwKi.jpg

XGG2uJg.jpg

l8grxD3.jpg

That´s all for now folks. Merry Christmas...By the way, tomorrow I'll travel to Berlin and on January 5th I will visit the Deutsches Panzermuseum (Munster) :yahoo: .

It is looking amazing! I am astonished by how good everyone is.. thanks for posting!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello folks, new progress with this paused project.  Well, I scratchbuild the rear air brakes, side mirrors and the others two headlights housings.

Now it is ready for painting...

oEUiF3m.jpg

It9N1bj.jpg

mhnqjZ7.jpg

YgYvbcZ.jpg

The rear air brakes...

HUbyhZy.jpg

P3Ls040.jpg

Edited by Carius
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

Hi Carius,

I must admit I have never seen this type of vehicle before, your model is a work of art. The only thing I've seen on these lines is a Falcon mounted on a Abbot chassis it never made it past the trials stage. It end up in the Vickers tank Factory in Newcastle moving completed Warrior turrets , the vehicle was painted yellow. As for the turret it maybe in a corner of the factory somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, Niallmhor4942 said:

Hi Carius,

I must admit I have never seen this type of vehicle before, your model is a work of art. The only thing I've seen on these lines is a Falcon mounted on a Abbot chassis it never made it past the trials stage. It end up in the Vickers tank Factory in Newcastle moving completed Warrior turrets , the vehicle was painted yellow. As for the turret it maybe in a corner of the factory somewhere.

Hi, I thank your kind words and comments.

Cheers

On 6/20/2019 at 7:25 AM, Terry1954 said:

This is an unusual and very well executed project. Looking forward to seeing the finished vehicle.

Terry

Many thanks Terry, I'm sick but restoring my health, so as soon as possible I will go ahead with this project.

Cheers from Brazil

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carius said:

Many thanks Terry, I'm sick but restoring my health, so as soon as possible I will go ahead with this project.

Sorry to hear that. I wish you well and a speedy recovery!

Terry