1/48 "What If?" - Stealth Viper

So, I had a spare F-16C kit, and I always wondered what a stealth F-16C would have been like had the USAF gone down that route.   It was a challenge, but a fun one.  If you think HaveGlass V is hard to paint, try the stealth coating of an F-22/F-35 on a F-16 when you have zero reference material.

Anyway, here it is:

6pj4--oKA8ARl5zhNRAA55gBQqYgnUKrIZAv6xPF

sjXmoh4CQx3tQbcwMEKbo3-CshpZKoVqvUK6fNDj

I hope you like, and sorry if you didn't find it funny :D

• Like 11
  • Haha 30

Be a licence to print money!

Selling apparently empty bottles/jars of paint. 

Saying that could paint the outside of said containers to show what the paint can do then hand over ‘nothing’ in exchange for cash. 

Too far???

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a common joke at airshows here in Canada in the early '90s to have the stealth fighter do a low pass over the runway. You could hear it from speaker to speaker, doing the "low pass", but no airplane. You modelled the static display one.

Cheers,
Wlad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like the wheel chocks actually, as I think it brings a nice scale to the model bringing all that brilliant panel wash and faded weathering work to life, it must have taken you many many hours to achieve the effect my firnd.😊 

I would love to see a boarding ladder with a helmet with an open canopy attached only again to bring this masterclass alive. Cheers all. 

21 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

Jokes aside the Film Patlabor II featured a "stealth" version of the F-16 that I always thought would make a nice what-if build.

7552de84c3416256d921e85eca265ab1.jpg

It looks like a giant military stick insect!