Wingnut Wings Fokker E.111 late

Hi all. I've been a member here for a while and up to now haven't contributed any pics. Have been a bit nervous as a lot of the builds on here are top class. I was quite happy with this build so thought I'd post some pics. 

There's a ton of errors, had trouble painting the Tamiya acrylic, lost a foot plate to the carpet monster but really enjoyed building it. 

I loved doing the rigging, found it therapeutic in a way, satisfying when you let go of the tweezers and see it done.

I apologise for the standard of pics, am a bit of a novice with a camera. Thanks for looking.

Cheers all, Martin

20180709_20161520180709_20145120180709_20235620180709_201730IMG_20180522_184211IMG_20180522_183954IMG_20180522_183943IMG_20180522_183856IMG_20180522_183627IMG_20180522_183611IMG_20180522_183329IMG_20180325_232556

• Like 13

Hello, Martin -

Your WNW Fok EIII eindecker looks pretty good to me - and we all mistakes in our builds (I'm making plenty on my current project!) so don't worry about it.

Regards

Dave

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Hello, Martin -

Your WNW Fok EIII eindecker looks pretty good to me - and we all mistakes in our builds (I'm making plenty on my current project!) so don't worry about it.

Regards

Dave

Many thanks Dave 😊 I think the hardest part was trying to get a good picture, still, im happy with it. All the best, Martin

Looks Ok to me Martin, I've messed up a few things on my near-first completed WnW's Camel build over on the RAF 100 years GB, all my impatient-self fault!  They go together great though and have a few to build.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Looks Ok to me Martin, I've messed up a few things on my near-first completed WnW's Camel build over on the RAF 100 years GB, all my impatient-self fault!  They go together great though and have a few to build.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks mate, Wingnut Wings are great aren't they. I went a bit mad last year and brought 8. Am currently making a Camel Clerget.

All the best, Martin 

1 minute ago, Martin Ford said:

Thanks mate, Wingnut Wings are great aren't they. I went a bit mad last year and brought 8. Am currently making a Camel Clerget.

All the best, Martin 

I started a D.VII (next to no rigging!) but wanted to do the Camel for the GB, but will finish that afterward. Just take care with the large roundels! Did the crosses go on OK, and what did you use for Rigging?

Davey.

Very tidy build Martin, she looks spectacular. I guess that having built 1 Wingnut Wings kit you'll be hooked now!

What's next on the bench?

Cheers

John

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

I started a D.VII (next to no rigging!) but wanted to do the Camel for the GB, but will finish that afterward. Just take care with the large roundels! Did the crosses go on OK, and what did you use for Rigging?

Davey.

I got one of the crosses a bit skew whiff on the underside, hence no pics 😉

I used knitting in elastic by strick elastic, it's maybe a bit white in colour but I tried to dab some Ali paint on the lines to dull them a bit. 

Cheers, Martin

9 minutes ago, Niknak said:

Great work 

Thanks mate. 

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

Very tidy build Martin, she looks spectacular. I guess that having built 1 Wingnut Wings kit you'll be hooked now!

What's next on the bench?

Cheers

John

Wow, thank you so much. Oh I'm very much hooked, have 7 others in my stash, I first bought an FE.2B but I'm saving that as the rigging diagram makes my head spin. 

I'm currently making Camel Clerget and loving every minute of it ☺

Thanks again, Martin 

6 minutes ago, Unfinished project said:

Beautiful build the rigging is stunning absolutely fantastic 👍👍👍

Thank you so much for your kind words. As i mentioned above, i find the rigging quite calming, although admittedly I haven't done any too challenging jobs. 

Cheers, Martin 

• Like 1