Sgt.Squarehead's struggles with a Jug!

35 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

h2FF83O.png&key=64ef808a51533907986e13cb

Pretty sure that rules out yellow TBH, unless they painted a sliver either side of the anti-glare panel yellow too.....But the whole aircraft was marked differently by this point, so I might just do it anyway.  ;)

PS - Just noticed the curved panels blending wing to fuselage (I forget the technical term for it), naturally the Italeri kit has exactly none of that.  Probably a sensible move on their part as you would utterly lay waste to it in the process of fitting the wings.....This may be the most disappointing kit I've ever built, at a casual inspection it looks lovely, but the second you start to build it, regardless of where you start, all of that goes straight out of the window and its true, monstrous, nature is revealed!  :analintruder:

Nasty, nasty, nasty kit!  :chair:

Exactly, which means the dorsal fillet is probably  NMF as well. With different shades of aluminum it can be hard working out markings on NMF aircraft. 

Republic just call those panels wing fillets in the P-47 parts catalog.

You're starting to see why I binned my kit before even starting it ;) Accuracy wasn't on Italeri's list of priorities when making this kit - I think I could tooling a more accurate one just from memory :)

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I hope you saved the decals, they are the only redeeming feature.....Or do you know something about them that I don't?  :unsure:

I think I did save the decals which are not to bad for 2 Big but I've go the PYN-up decals for this aircraft, which are better. The baby nose art for Meat Chopper though is a long way from reality!

30 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That PYN-up set sells for silly money these days.  :mental:

I know it's crazy, glad I bought mine when they came out. The thing is the more modern decals are better anyway, they were good for there time, but if one of the top manufactures did some of these subjects they would be better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...