-LAVOTCHKINE La-15- 1/48 - MARS Models

Beautiful build of a type that I had no knowledge about, until your model enticed me to look up the La-15 in Wikipedia.

Arguably a slightly better machine than the Mig-15, it wasn't favoured because of higher cost and a more complex construction than the contemporary MiG.

Excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Darby said:

That's out of the ordinary. Nice one. Seems to have an influence of a Ta183 Huckebein about it. 

- Like most of the early operational jet of  the continental european airforces which haven't gained their own experience during WW 2 like Great Bitain , the other Russian contender MIG 15, and France Dassault OURAGAN  have undoubtly been influenced by the Huckebein . In the U.S it was the North American FURY I but the story is a bit different  as they have sized the Me P1001 with its swept wing arrangement whose traces can be found in the F-86..The F-80 and F-84 benefiting of the British experience. It is interesting to note that the prototypes developped before the Ta-183 datas became available to the engineers were failures. 

14 hours ago, barak1 said:

This plane was unknown to me !

Great build!

- 46 machines of the planned 650 were built. They were phased out service as late as 1954. They served in air defense duty in the 196 Air regiment.

- Looking at your photo I suddenly notice I have missed the oleo leg nose gear scissor sill on the photodec frett.

- I have removed a coloured photo of a museum red nosed La-15 "Fantail" as it was named in nato code I had posted for copyright reason, this is a bad B.W of cold war vintage of a demo team  instead 

UVuHOz.jpg