" I wish I was a Spaceman, the fastest Guy alive"...................

11 hours ago, morty_3333 said:

Hi Yorkshire man!

I play this very clip before a modelling session for inspiration!  Thanks for posting!

The 'Black Ships' story was under discussion about 5 years ago on this very forum, Mr. Roymattblack came up with the goods:-

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963309-research-help-request-tv21-mag-story-fireball-xl5/&_fromLogin=1

Enjoy!           Cheers, Pete

You are very welcome, takes me back to when my dad bought me the original kit (early 60's) , just love the rocket booster sounds. ( Hope they recovered the sled's afterwards otherwise there must be one hell of pile of them over that hill ;) !)

• Like 1

Hi there!

Mr. Kallisti:-   What's white and pointy and had good looking Birds* ladies flying them?       *(Sorry, PC in the 60's but not today!)

Mr. Yorkshireman:- On yes, I do remember Space Patrol, with the gyroscope-shaped Space Station with the sentry robots walking past the end of the corridors - scared the life out of Me!I

Cheers, Pete

13 hours ago, morty_3333 said:

Mr. Kallisti:-   What's white and pointy and had good looking Birds* ladies flying them?       *(Sorry, PC in the 60's but not today!)

Ah that one, I've got one of those kits as well, I'm saving it up for the summer when I can sand the resin outside in the garden :)

19 hours ago, morty_3333 said:

Mr. Yorkshireman:- On yes, I do remember Space Patrol, with the gyroscope-shaped Space Station with the sentry robots walking past the end of the corridors - scared the life out of Me!I

I thought it was just me behind that cushion! It was still compulsive viewing though.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody!

Many,many apologies for My slackness on updating this topic, health issues have meant that time at the bench has been limited of late, but hope to be sorted out soon...........

Progress:-

Inclined ladders to launch rail built from Plastruct ladders and styrene:-

Rear of ramp trusswork built from 'T' section styrene, I think the original prop used uprights from the Airfix Gantry Kit:-

More ladder sections and styrene used to build rails on Booster Packs:-

Work continued on base, joints scribed in, painted and weathered and weeds added:-

Base edged with wooden Hockey-Stick moulded painted black ( With paint from a large tin of "Non Poisonous, Rapid Drying" Humbrol gloss black Enamel which I have had for 45 Years!!!!!! - and worked perfectly!....................Never throw anything away!

A couple of mounts made up for some signage:-

Top of launch rails 'greased up' with one of the weathering concoctions so beloved of the Armour lads:-

Final Assembly done and She's in Ready For Inspection:-

Thanks for following along and sharing Your help and advice!!

Keep Sticking!!

Cheers,   Pete

Edited by morty_3333
Link Insertion
  • Like 2