This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
colbee2004

2019 Huddersfield Show

Due to circumstances beyond the control of the show organisers, the Huddersfield show has been forced to look for an new venue to host their annual show. Therefore Our new home will be the North Bridge Leisure Centre, North Bridge Street, Halifax HX3 6TE. Taking place on Sunday 10th February 2019. Admission will be: Adults £4, concessions and IPMS members £3.

for further information please contact: Geoff Milnes on 01132893152 or 07879446544 or Alan Paul on 07811358355.

Email the show on: huddersfieldshow@gmail.com or visit the website: huddersfieldscalemodelshow.co.uk

Edited by colbee2004
a request from the organisers

When will you be looking to send out the Trade invites? (We did discuss this at the North Shields Show but my memory is like a sieve these days!).

Duncan B

Mike,

Thanks. My colleague Geoff Milnes does the great majority of the paperwork. However, the plan was to get the invites out next month, September.

Alan

I am looking forward to bringing BlackMike Models to this Show this year. 

See you there.

Duncan B

WHAT??!! Two shows in three weeks, both the right side of the wall :whistle:

1. Have you got yer passport?

2. Does yer Mam know?

2a. Bring yer own Jaffa Cakes!

Paul

3 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

WHAT??!! Two shows in three weeks, both the right side of the wall :whistle:

1. Have you got yer passport?

2. Does yer Mam know?

2a. Bring yer own Jaffa Cakes!

Paul

Haha, I have dual citizenship so no Passport required (however I am considering becoming an economic migrant and setting sail for Africa).

Jaffa Cakes! why do you think I need such a big van?

Unfortunately Steve will not be able to make it to Huddersfield/Halifax so I will be bringing another Minder to translate for me ;)

Duncan B

'Ere I resemble that, I can translate for you, unless it's the packaging director your bringing? If no, I understand Scot, (well, YOU!).........about 90% of the time.......and I'm Scimitar's long lost Bruv......he says so, don't Ya, Scimitar, @Scimitar ? come on shout up, therefore at least an honorary Scot me self!

See, part Irish, part Scot, English and Norman French and probably a wee bit of Celt in the mix as well, said it all along were a mongrel race!

I'll see YOU Duncan, next Sunday at Bolton.

About the Jaffa cakes, get a ruddy lock box to put em in, just think of the extra stock........:wicked:

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Scimitar's long lost Bruv..

Having exchanged one or three PMs I came to the conclusion that he is my twin brother who was given away after a fortnight 😁

I've threatened to breach the wall and take in one of the northernish shows so am presently brushing up on my Doric. (Ye ken fit its like min, wi a they fowk wi finny wies o spikin' doon sooth, so ahm gittin ma ain back!)

This photo of the @Duncan B van was taken at Cupar last year:

s-l300.jpg

@colbee2004..sorry for the hijack !

For anyone wishing to make a pre-order for collection at the Show (or any other I attend for that matter)  I’ll be packing the van on the Thursday before the Show so last call for pre-orders will be the Wednesday. 

I’ve made a couple of alterations to the website to make it easier for people to make pre-orders for collection at Shows without the website automatically charging postage. Simply select the collect at show option at checkout and remember to tell us which show in the notes section. 

Duncan B