This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

colbee2004

2019 Halifax Show

Due to circumstances beyond the control of the show organisers, the Huddersfield show has been forced to look for an new venue to host their annual show. Therefore Our new home will be the North Bridge Leisure Centre, North Bridge Street, Halifax HX3 6TE. Taking place on Sunday 10th February 2019. Admission will be: Adults £4, concessions and IPMS members £3.

for further information please contact: Geoff Milnes on 01132893152 or 07879446544 or Alan Paul on 07811358355.

Email the show on: huddersfieldshow@gmail.com or visit the website: huddersfieldscalemodelshow.co.uk

Edited by colbee2004
a request from the organisers

When will you be looking to send out the Trade invites? (We did discuss this at the North Shields Show but my memory is like a sieve these days!).

Duncan B

Mike,

Thanks. My colleague Geoff Milnes does the great majority of the paperwork. However, the plan was to get the invites out next month, September.

Alan

I am looking forward to bringing BlackMike Models to this Show this year. 

See you there.

Duncan B

WHAT??!! Two shows in three weeks, both the right side of the wall :whistle:

1. Have you got yer passport?

2. Does yer Mam know?

2a. Bring yer own Jaffa Cakes!

Paul

3 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

WHAT??!! Two shows in three weeks, both the right side of the wall :whistle:

1. Have you got yer passport?

2. Does yer Mam know?

2a. Bring yer own Jaffa Cakes!

Paul

Haha, I have dual citizenship so no Passport required (however I am considering becoming an economic migrant and setting sail for Africa).

Jaffa Cakes! why do you think I need such a big van?

Unfortunately Steve will not be able to make it to Huddersfield/Halifax so I will be bringing another Minder to translate for me ;)

Duncan B

'Ere I resemble that, I can translate for you, unless it's the packaging director your bringing? If no, I understand Scot, (well, YOU!).........about 90% of the time.......and I'm Scimitar's long lost Bruv......he says so, don't Ya, Scimitar, @Scimitar ? come on shout up, therefore at least an honorary Scot me self!

See, part Irish, part Scot, English and Norman French and probably a wee bit of Celt in the mix as well, said it all along were a mongrel race!

I'll see YOU Duncan, next Sunday at Bolton.

About the Jaffa cakes, get a ruddy lock box to put em in, just think of the extra stock........:wicked:

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Scimitar's long lost Bruv..

Having exchanged one or three PMs I came to the conclusion that he is my twin brother who was given away after a fortnight 😁

I've threatened to breach the wall and take in one of the northernish shows so am presently brushing up on my Doric. (Ye ken fit its like min, wi a they fowk wi finny wies o spikin' doon sooth, so ahm gittin ma ain back!)

This photo of the @Duncan B van was taken at Cupar last year:

s-l300.jpg

@colbee2004..sorry for the hijack !

For anyone wishing to make a pre-order for collection at the Show (or any other I attend for that matter)  I’ll be packing the van on the Thursday before the Show so last call for pre-orders will be the Wednesday. 

I’ve made a couple of alterations to the website to make it easier for people to make pre-orders for collection at Shows without the website automatically charging postage. Simply select the collect at show option at checkout and remember to tell us which show in the notes section. 

Duncan B

It's now officially the 'next Show' so time to start thinking about those pre-orders folks.

Duncan B

I'm looking forward to this one. Is there a traders list yet?

Cheers,

Tom

What’s the crac with the car park on this 

I have heard that there is also a car boot on at the same time and you can not get into set up until 9am 

is this correct if so then where are you supposed to park and unload your stuff :coolio:

beefy 

4 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I have heard that there is also a car boot on at the same time and you can not get into set up until 9am 

is this correct if so then where are you supposed to park and unload your stuff :coolio:

beefy 

I must admit I'm a bit anxious about this too as I'm going to be on my own so at some point I'm going to have to leave my stall to park the van and then the same again at the end to get my van back. I am hoping someone will stand by my stuff while I'm doing that but there is no guarantee so it is a worry.

Duncan B

On 25/01/2019 at 06:44, beefy66 said:

beefy 

I  must say this is a concern, what time to leave Brum to allow club set up too

Still most things go better than whatever I worry about, see y'all in a fortnight  :)

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Still most things go better than whatever I worry about, see y'all in a fortnight  :)

Yes, I find if I plan for the worst case I am most often pleasantly surprised that things aren’t as bad as I have planned for. The only thing we can’t control is the weather so fingers crossed on that front. 

Duncan B

...any updates on the show would be appreciated...

EDIT...

My mistake - I thought it was today for some reason :doh:

Edited by BIG X

On 1/25/2019 at 6:44 AM, beefy66 said:

oWhat’s the crac with the car park on this 

beefy 

Used to help a mate do O gauge shows many years back at the same venue. I realise that the show organisers are different but of the things dictated by the location I recall no admission for traders the night before or 8:30 on the morning & with over 150 traders setting up became a scrum. Initially parking was good, then came Sainsbury's & parking became limited. If its true there's a car boot the same day - God help - It'll be worse than the replacement Huddersfield leisure centre & I gave up on that after the first year & switched to Bolton.

Whatever you do don't risk the supermarket part of the car park I understand it's strictly monitored and 'tickets' issued as if they were litter.

I do wish the Huddersfield group well & hope I've not put a downer on things but I can see another move on the cards - the O gauge shows have moved elsewhere.

Clarification on parking in next post - Have a good show

Edited by Circloy
reference to later post

Hello.

Thanks for the interest in our show.

The paper work we have sent to both traders and clubs/SIGS is unchanged from last year and says, I think, that entry for traders would be from 8am on 10/2/19 and for clubs from 9am. In fact we can have entry to the hall from 7am and are in the process of e-mailing all traders and clubs to say that that we can move this forward an hour.

That is to say Traders entry from 7am and Clubs and SIGs from 8am. 

We have had some requests for Clubs to set up on 9/2/19, the day before the show. We would have no problem with this but I need to check that it is OK with the leisure centre. I'll try to post about this tomorrow night.

Thanks, Circloy, for the word about the parking. We can cone off the parking spots of the leisure centre itself and we expect to have free, day-long parking for traders and for one car from each club or SIG: that is a bit better than we could do at the old venue, in fact. Sainsbury's would not play ball with our attempts to buy parking from them. However they do provide 2.5 hours parking for free and after 1pm, by when the car boot sale has cleared away, there is ample free parking in the car park where the car boot sale takes up the morning: that car park is reserved for customers of the leisure centre and is free. 

I don't know about the 0 gauge show but there are certainly still model railway and antique shows at this venue which seem to go on OK.

I'll post again further tomorrow about set-up times.

Alan Paul

IPMS Wakefield.

2 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Hello.

Thanks for the interest in our show.

The paper work we have sent to both traders and clubs/SIGS is unchanged from last year and says, I think, that entry for traders would be from 8am on 10/2/19 and for clubs from 9am. In fact we can have entry to the hall from 7am and are in the process of e-mailing all traders and clubs to say that that we can move this forward an hour.

That is to say Traders entry from 7am and Clubs and SIGs from 8am. 

We have had some requests for Clubs to set up on 9/2/19, the day before the show. We would have no problem with this but I need to check that it is OK with the leisure centre. I'll try to post about this tomorrow night.

Thanks, Circloy, for the word about the parking. We can cone off the parking spots of the leisure centre itself and we expect to have free, day-long parking for traders and for one car from each club or SIG: that is a bit better than we could do at the old venue, in fact. Sainsbury's would not play ball with our attempts to buy parking from them. However they do provide 2.5 hours parking for free and after 1pm, by when the car boot sale has cleared away, there is ample free parking in the car park where the car boot sale takes up the morning: that car park is reserved for customers of the leisure centre and is free. 

I don't know about the 0 gauge show but there are certainly still model railway and antique shows at this venue which seem to go on OK.

I'll post again further tomorrow about set-up times.

Alan Paul

IPMS Wakefield.

Pleased that you have the parking issue sorted - hope you have a successful show

Hello again.

I didn't want not to post tonight after saying I would yesterday.

However, the events manager at the leisure centre for our show is off today and I don't have the information I was hoping to post tonight.

Mañana,

Alan

Edited by Angus Tura
Bad grammar

Right!

Set up times for the Halifax Show, 10/2/19 are:

5pm to 6pm Saturday 9/2/19: Venue will be locked at 6.30pm and all items in the halls overnight are left at the exhibitors' own risk.

Traders: 7am till 10am 10/2/19.

Clubs and SIGs: 8am till 10am 10/2/19.

We are really looking forward to seeing you there.

Alan