This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

colbee2004

2019 Halifax Show

7 minutes ago, perdu said:

Roger, glad you liked the little cab and put it in your fb set

It's a great little model and being a bit of a fan of crime fiction from that period it caught my attention right away,. 

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Yes, that dio was an amazing piece of work and what was also amazing was seeing the two guys who brought it confidently tilt it about 30° to get it through the doors, quite a few of us were visibly holding our breath until it was safely horizontal again. 😯

I held my breath reading that!

10 minutes ago, Whofan said:

I held my breath reading that!

Yes me too, wow

My first visit to the Show and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The venue was near on perfect for me as i was very close to the loading door so set up was a breeze, especially with the time available the night before to unload which then allowed me the extra time in the morning to get some breakfast before the start. Sadly, I never got the chance to have a wander around but from where I was standing I could see that there were a lot of very interesting kits on display.

My thanks go to everyone who was involved in the organisation of the Show and to everyone who stopped by to say hello and to browse my stock.

My only complaint of the whole weekend is about my own inability to program my SatNav properly! I ended up going north via Skipton (rather than getting onto the M62 as I intended) so had an interesting drive in the dark for the first part of my journey home. Got home at 1130pm a very tired chappy.

Duncan B

I visited for my first time yesterday. The show exceeded my high expectations!

A spectacular range of models on show, and I got some lovely bargains, including a 1/35 Panzer IV for £7.50 and a Frog Sea Fury for £3 with a load of decals thrown in. OK - neither kit is new, but I will have a lot of fun building them! If only I had more stash spaces, I would have come home with a lot more...

Will  be back! Thank you to everybody who made it such a great show.

Had a good visit, though seemed to miss any Britmodellers. No problems with parking and dome interesting models. Some of the sci-fi and cars were interesting and a show that size gives you chance to look at stuff you might not look at so hard at a bigger show. 

People! Thanks very much for the positive feedback for our show. There is a lot to learn each time we move venues and I think we can tweak it for the better next year.

Like last year a model was left in the competition:

20190211_213710

This was by David Pickford of IPMS Lancs. If you know David Pickford, or you are David Pickford, please let we know shows you are planning to attend so that I can return this to you. There's a certificate too. I might just quietly keep any models left behind in the future! As I average fewer than one model finished each year, it certainly would be a quick way to grow my collection!

Thanks again and I hope you'll come next time,

Alan

I hope the scumbag that stole a Meng King Tiger from me chokes on his supper!

Duncan B

I did comment to the wife that there is a big  difference travelling to Halifax rather than Huddersfield- even though the distance between them is not that great. 

Sales reps & van drivers have often been surprised by it.

I have avoided the Hebden Bridge area for years!

On 12/02/2019 at 18:52, Duncan B said:

I hope the scumbag that stole a Meng King Tiger from me chokes on his supper!

Duncan B

And then drowns in his puke!

Sorry to hear this Duncan, I never did got round to see you and always mean to

My own little tale of woe, I lost keys to my car during the day

Fortunately I always take both sets with me, if anyone found a set of FP keys I'd appreciate you holding them for me 'a later show this year

Save me having some cut

Bill

I hope you get your keys back, I'm sure someone will have found them. Might be worth contacting the Leisure centre directly to see if any of their Staff found them or if they were handed in to the reception.

Duncan B