Frog P-47D Fighter Bomber 1/72

Ratch

44 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Just seen one on e-bay at £18.99 - maybe I should sell it :devil:

Before you do, can you open the box and take pictures of the sprues? I've never seen the FROG  P-47 before.

Chris

• Like 2

Thanks Patrice and Ratch.

Geeze! I am getting old and stupid. I have that same site that Patrice posted saved into My Favourites. I forgot I had it and judging by it's position on the list, I've had it for a few years now.

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ratch,

I remember getting this kit in 1976 or 77, after a lot of hassle to get my pudgy fingers onto it.

The Illuminati of the day claimed that it was the most accurate P-47D at the time. Believe it or not, it is still untouched in my stash... Isn't it what a stash is for?

Anyway, this one was a close contender with the F4U-1A of Airfix (the fossilized one) as to what will be my next oldie but goldie build... When I am through with the Airfix Sea Hawk, that is... Please do not hold your breath!

So I am really interested to see what will come out of the box once your expert fingers are finished with it!

My decals are still in very good nick, and with perfect color and register. Long live Frog!

Have fun!

JR

• Like 1

This is a blast from the past! I have built two of the Airfix ones, one 50 years ago (my brother may have built it) and more recently two years ago, but I never built the Frog one. If there was a kit from both Airfix and Frog, I bought the Airfix one, and saved Frog for the exotica (eg. Barracuda and Shark). Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Regards,

Adrian

I see some folks have posted their previous builds of this subject so here are mine

Airfix 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt (125/01045)
UN*L, flown by Lieutenant John ‘Lucky’ Truluck (63rd FS, 7 kills), March 1944.
405251268.jpg

Novo 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt (F390/76006)
LM*S, flown by Major David Schilling (62nd FS, 4 kills) – before 1944
405251265.jpg

Academy 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 'Razorback' (2175)
276468 UN*R of the 63rd Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Group, based at Wittering, Northamptonshire, from 13th January to 5th April 1943.
410806586.jpg

Academy 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 'bubble-top' (2105)
411117733.jpg

Academy 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 'bubble-top' (2174)
411117729.jpg

Matchbox 1/72 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt (PK-22)
413707153.jpg

• Like 2