Bandai "Baby" Star Destroyer and Jedha City V. 2

Hi All,
I enjoyed my previous build of this a lot, and when I saw JPG has revised Jedha City with the surrounding rock out crop, Tirydium Models had produced a lighting kit, and Cosmos Models had printed decals for the outside of the SD I had to do it again. Construction of the Star Destroyer is an absolute breeze and installation of the lighting kit a doddle. The fibre optic lights are intended to light areas in the trench, but I chose to drill out the places I think of as the fighter hangars. I chose to make Jedha more colourful than my previous model, and added a representation of vegetation to the base rock. There are some open areas in the city itself I imagined as public spaces, and the scenic scatter is just the right size so one individual grain represents an entire tree. I thought long and hard about how to get power up to the SD using a clear support, but I couldn't imagine a way to do it. The less satisfactory aluminium tube had to be used. 

(Open one of the latter pictures separately and have a zoom in, you can see the amazing detail the decals add to the SD. At normal distance it makes the model look really complex, and then resolves to proper detail as you look more closely, a really good effect.)

Thanks for looking,

Gareth

dZ8RUgg.jpg

r1fgEz1.jpg

PCMP1uE.jpg

PCMP1uE.jpg

dpMkkJZ.jpg

SRKuWTv.jpg

r591PAw.jpg

YmbZ2RB.jpg

• Like 6

looks great - these scenes from Rogue 1 were my favourite pats of the film - it was great to see a Devastator class ISD within a planets atmosphere and when those engines powered up.... excellent model, prompts me to start thinking about starting the 2nd of my Randy Cooper Avengers