1/72 YUMO SUPER GALEB

cossack52

I must admit that supplies of this kit have been quite sporadic and I have not seen any available for some time. It has been re-issued at least once (in circa 2009/10 IIRC) with decals from Lift Here ! but since the kit originates from Serbia it is quite a rare beast. Check out the Aviation Megastore (NL) website or see if you can track down a member of IPMS Serbia who may be able to help you out. Again, IIRC, they had some available for sale on their table at Scale Model World at Telford a couple of years back. The other outlet that may be able to help out is Blackbird Models. They regularly stock Lift Here ! and Balkan Models Decal sheets and may know how to get hold of the Super Galeb kit too.

BTW....if you don't know, its a nice kit. Not quite up to the standards of the mainstream manufacturers but very buildable....reminds me of the earlier Sword kits.

Good Luck   

Mark

Just checked the Scalemates website as highlighted above. This prompts me to advise you to try and hold out for the Lift Here ! version of the kit. Why ?. Well, it also includes some nice photo-etch and a superior decal sheet with some nice options. It is also the later boxing (circa 2009/10) so there may be a few around. See if there are any online stores in Serbia.....I visited a shop in Belgrade some years back and they appeared to be a main distributor for these kits/decals from Lift Here !.

• 3 weeks later...

Had one but sold it to Dean Sills of Deans Hobby Stop about two years (along with most of the rest of my 50 year collection). You might try contacting him. He advertises in SAM and SAMI most months. Contact information provided there. And don’t worry about me, I saved my favorite 600 kits, that’ll get me through to the end.

• Haha 1