1/144 Consolidated Liberator - BOAC

Finally found some time to finish this one off. The markings aren't 100% accurate as I had to make them up using spares and generic lettering. I look on it as a representative model of the subject.

f28SW7hh.jpg

nnTQTIVv.jpg

8NhurLun.jpg

The build is here - 

• Like 18

A conversion, I like it!! You've done a great job on this one. Must be quite small in 1/144.

This is certainly something different Eric we don't see too many of these in RFI. I knew BOAC flew converted bombers but I've never heard about this one. You'll have to make a Lancastrian as well to go with it!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you folks. The early post war era is a bit neglected in airline history. It is an important period because many airlines were getting back on their feet again and had a mixed bag of aircraft with which to get restarted. BOAC had got off with a really bad start because war was declared only a few months before they were supposed to start operations. So, for the next six years they were really not able to operate as they had intended. After the war, they had a real hodge podge of different aeroplanes - many of them conversions of or based on wartime bombers. The Liberator is a good example of the inappropriate aeroplanes they had to use.

I do have a Lancastrian in my stash to do and will get on with it at some point. Next up is a DC-3/C-47 in Aer Lingus colours circa 1962 - just before the Irish airline retired them.