Republic Razorback Tamiya

Valkyrie

29402923918_a7a0b4b2b0_b.jpg

Joining in with this but will have a scantily clad lady and invasion stripes

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 7

Staff at Hannants aren’t sitting about watching the World Cup, this just dropped in, means I will need to make a start on Squirt II, I might just have to make Pride of Lodi too 

41510175760_cb62123da3_b.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, amblypygid said:

Excellent; I bought the same decal sheet last week and plan to do Miss Mutt / Pride of Lodi.

Brilliant, il need to keep an eye on that one, be good to have them both in the GB. Did you get an information sheet in the decals, all I got was placement no history or story 😥

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Did you get an information sheet in the decals, all I got was placement no history or story

No, they provided no background. I did find some online here: https://checksixblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/miss-mutt/ and I also found a reference to Lt Col Rowland's P-47s in Twelve to One via the wonders of Google books. That indicates that Lt Col Rowland scored at least two kills in this aircraft, and that it was kept in immaculate condition despite the difficulties of operating in the Pacific SW. It was then replaced due to war weariness in Nov 1943. Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This kit is falling together, I can see why it’s so highly rated, not a gap in sight or an issue of any sort, perfect

Closed up wings on

28867510557_845918ddb8_b.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for all these kind comments!!! It’s ALL stuff I’ve learned from watching people on here.

The Tamiya kits appear to be the business from what everyone says and my experience of this...wonder what their FW190s are like? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eduard paint mask for canopy and Tamiya extra fine primer. Clear parts on this kit are perfect, totally clear and glass like, awesome kit 

42452717560_6dfd170ddb_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Light coating of Tamiya ultra fine grey primer. Slightly mottled but it might help with a bit of contrast across the olive drab. Waiting for a break in the weather

44599640921_c14e35b96a_b.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks Nick, times running out but I think when you get to this stage you can usually knock it together if you get a good run...I still have a mustang to start and finish too!

18 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Cheers Stix I just hope I don’t fall into the time trap that it stays like that until the KUTA GB!

Good morning Valkyrie

You have 2 weeks before this STGB ends that is plenty of time to complete your build  ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

Oops, still had a bit of construction for this so good job I found some destructions online! 

44661464641_805bf1bce5_b.jpg

Engine fully made up and glued in place. It snapped on really but to be sure I glued it. I do like an invasion stripe so some 2mm tape i believe is the correct size for the stripes. Underbelly side and underwings. Not sure of my paint order at all but I think il Maske everything up then do the medium grey then olive drab, both Tamiya spray cans, then brush paint the black, white then French blue? Move house in 3 months, new build with a man cave (garage) so I will be getting an airbrush I hope.

44661464551_0bfa6f6d6c_b.jpg

• Like 3

Hello @Valkyrie ... I think you might want to recalculate your stripe size ? I think my math came out to about 5mm’s and a maybe a smidge over ? 

jZc8hzB.jpg

Im not exactly sure how many MM’s = 100 inches for the wing and 90 inches for the fuselage is. Hope this helps you. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that looks a bit more like what it should, thanks for that, a lot of invasion stripe stuff coming up

Ill double up see how that looks

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1