1 72 scale scratch built w w 1 railgun

HI guys 

Another of my scratch builds this is a model of a Italian railgun 381/40 four of these were built and fielded in 1917,  i built it using plans of a 1 35 scale paper model and photos off the net,  scaled it down to 1 72 scale the model entirely scratch built and measures 16 inches long.

DSCN5995

DSCN5993DSCN5994DSCN5992

DSCN5991

DSCN5990

DSCN5988

DSCN5987

DSCN5986

DSCN5985

DSCN5984

DSCN5983

DSCN5982

DSCN5981

DSCN5980

DSCN5979

• Like 12

Amazing!!  How you can even scratch build something like this and in the microscopic scale just boggles the mind.

One thing I did notice though is that rope seems a little light for something that's obviously this massive. Might want to

paint it to disguise it as steel cable instead. If the rope breaks in one spot all of the blocks in the world won't do any good.

Otherwise the attention to detail is just "amazing" or did I mention that??

Keep it up.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Paint it steel with a little rust and call it 3/4" or 20mm cable but rope looks out of place.

They should be able to thread cable through all of those blocks and wrap the bollards but then you would

need some mini cable clamps at the ends.

Just a thought.

Lloyd

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Paint it steel with a little rust and call it 3/4" or 20mm cable but rope looks out of place.

They should be able to thread cable through all of those blocks and wrap the bollards but then you would

need some mini cable clamps at the ends.

Just a thought.

Lloyd

problem with thread when you paint it it goes all furry, will be on lookout for thicker thread.

p s  I am saving the best until last ....they are the 38 cm kanone Siegfried, at 20 inches long and in my view the best i have built the 21 cm k 12 .at 26 inches long.

How about some fine copper wire twisted into cables.....I've got kilometres of the stuff if you need some (dead speaker coils).

28 minutes ago, bazer said:

I am saving the best until last ....they are the 38 cm kanone Siegfried, at 20 inches long and in my view the best i have built the 21 cm k 12 .at 26 inches long.

Looking forward to that.  :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 5:48 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

How about some fine copper wire twisted into cables.....I've got kilometres of the stuff if you need some (dead speaker coils).

Looking forward to that.  :coolio:

Hi do you still have any copper wire , if you could post some I would pay postage or you could drop some off at my place when you are around the warndon area and have a look at some of my builds if you want to.

Bazer