Rivet decals 1/48

LaurieS

Just found out that these were available. Been struggling with the wheel riveter which is very basic in digging holes in the plastic.

Any one with experience I would like to hear your comments. On how good (or bad) and which manufacturers you use.

Thanks in advance (no need to answer this until the football match has finished 😜

Laurie

I use Archer 3D rivets and have no problems to report. They're in an incredibly thin carrier film, which disappears under a coat of primer. All you have to do is cut the width and length of rivets at the pitch you need (there are usually a few pitches at least), dip them in water for a sec, then a few seconds later you can peel them off and apply them to your model. I use Mr Mark Softer to aid it settling in, and then you're off and running. They're expensive for us UK folks, but they're the best solution I've found so far :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I use Archer 3D rivets and have no problems to report. They're in an incredibly thin carrier film, which disappears under a coat of primer. All you have to do is cut the width and length of rivets at the pitch you need (there are usually a few pitches at least), dip them in water for a sec, then a few seconds later you can peel them off and apply them to your model. I use Mr Mark Softer to aid it settling in, and then you're off and running. They're expensive for us UK folks, but they're the best solution I've found so far :)

Thank you Michael for your time and info which is most appreciated. You have not given me a problem as I have 2 starters. 😜

Laurie