People here have shown interest in my past scratchbuilds so here is one I finished a couple of months ago.

I thought I'd show it as a WIP first so that the build process can be seen and someone may pick up tips and have a go themselves.

This one was inspired by a picture I saw years ago of a walker on a slight rise with the Commander looking out of his cupola 

as if he were on a scouting mission. I finished this one as if it could be from any universe so it could be kreiger, or an early

form of AT ST from Star Wars or whatever you like. Basis is 2 Revell MBB Bo 105 helicopter kits (both 9.99 from home bargains).

Sorry about the poor quality of some of the pictures.

AV0tXPn.jpg

A simple cut'n'shut and we have two kits in one. The green grille is etch from big H that cost a pound.

UxlBI1F.jpg

The LH side at a later stage. More etch, a tank hatch and above it a 1/24th supercharger forms the basis of a winch.

zRHH9AD.jpg

The RH side again. Various other greeblies stuck on.

BmRqNNd.jpg

Inside RH side. Inside of that hatch, and a gun clipped to the wall. Horrible paint job. I just thinned down

some blue and slapped it on. I wanted a lived in effect. Imagine a WW2 Sherman that had been used for months.

Du1Qf11.jpg

Inside LH and rear wall of crew compartment. Commanders seat and some instruments to monitor power source.

You can also see a huge hinge for the LH main access hatch. Again, grotty paint.

NyoacJi.jpg

The crew. Helicopter seats and IP. Figures are WW2 German signallers? in 1/35th scale.

5OejM7J.jpg

Basis for the transmission. 1/24th Porsche 911 engine and a Ferrari transmission. The red bit is Airfix Guardsvan.

hg2KoNS.jpg

More transmission detail. The yellow bits are V8 cylinder heads but were removed later.

mejePP5.jpg

Basis for the feet. Bits from a computer hard drive and two Russian tank wheels.

6RIojOf.jpg

How to make the legs. Balsa core and lollipop stick shaped bits of plasticard with another strip of the same

wrapped around the middle. All stuck together with cheap superglue. (TET bottle to show the size).

iC8Ploy.jpg

Upper leg part showing tank wheel embedded into leg and 'axle'.

UN9425y.jpg

And the finished leg. Greeblies stuck. Yes, Chevy rear lights and Guardsvan bits.

The hydraulic struts are simply two interlocking tubes. The end bits are split pins.

ofmbnc2.jpg

A bit of a close up shot. Now it's coming together, and ready for paint.

92HxGfM.jpg

Last chance to spot the greeblies.

And, I forgot to mask off those little side windows. Doh!

RFI coming soon.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mindmax said:

I have never tried to design something by my own

Max, Thank you. It's not that difficult. But the hard part is collecting all the bits.

I'm often amazed by how well parts of different kits fit together so easily and look so good.

Have a look on line (try tumblr) at Sci fi/steampunk/dieselpunk pictures and something may inspire you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Max, Thank you. It's not that difficult. But the hard part is collecting all the bits.

I'm often amazed by how well parts of different kits fit together so easily and look so good.

Have a look on line (try tumblr) at Sci fi/steampunk/dieselpunk pictures and something may inspire you. 

Thank you! Some day I need to try this. Hopefully I am creative enough...

• Like 1