Infanterie-Kampfpanzer Mark II 748(e) Matilda A12, Crete, Tamiya 1/35 kit 35300

After seen fotos  from  Matilda A12 tank in use by Wehrmacht at Crete during 1941-44, http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/uk/A12_matilda/a12creta_matilda.html I decided to built Tamiya Matilda 1/35 kit from my stock.
About the kit : Excellent detail, great fitting, no filler! 
Pattern : Caunter scheme with white balkenkreuz
Colors : AK real color set No 10 (colors used : RC041 Portland Stone, RC038 Silver Gray, RC039 Slate)
The real color set supposed to be the same as the real ones. From the colored foto of the link I think that are ok.

All comments are more than welcome ! Thanks!!!

dsc03420_orig.jpgdsc03417_orig.jpgdsc03429_orig.jpg

• Like 4

looks good.. i have this kit to go on the Tiger Scammel Transporter. On the caunter scheme, how did you mask it to get it so neat? thats the one thing I am not looking forward to...

thanks for your good words!  Real colors covering the surface of the model very fast, so I sprayed first Portland Stone color (according to tamiya guide for B choice at free hand). Then I have just put  masking tape for silver gray for one side first and I sprayed. Here I have to mention that the colors had almost no overspray. After I finished (colors dried very fast) I did the same for the other side. Then the hull and last the turret. The same did for the Slate. I was afraid to about the scheme but finally, it was very easy.

I hope I help!

after satin varnish Matilda took identity. German crosses are from spare box (Dragon stug III 1/35) and the number from italeri (don't remember the kit).

Patches on both sides are with lifecolor RLM 02.

Comments more than welcome!!!!

dsc03438_orig.jpgdsc03440_orig.jpgdsc03441_orig.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here some progress from Matilda A12 .
Chipping using sponge technique and chipping color (I used chipping color from Ak series).
For dust, I tried a process I read at "The weathering Magazine 13 page 28" : First I sprayed scratches effect . Then I sprayed "North Africa Dust" (diluted with enamel thinner) .  Finally with a brush diluted with water I
remove some of the dust. I hope you like the result! 
matilda-a12-with-dust-1_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-2_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-3_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-5_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-6_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-7_orig.jpgmatilda-a12-with-dust-8_orig.jpg

• Like 3