Meng Merkava IV M

BlackMax..

EXQUISITE build with IMPRESSIVE and STUNNING detailing.:heart:

the Chains, gun turret at al is simply EXEMPLARY workmanship.

did you have to scratch build anything as it looks AMAZING.

the outdoor photos belie  it's a model..

just :wow:

KUDOS.:mike:

Edited by HOUSTON

Hi Lloyd. Wow! I kept saying to myself I must drop into your build thread and see how you were getting on but I'm too late - you have finished it already!!! You work with such speed but with no loss of quality!! Fantastic modelling, painting and finishing! It really looks superb! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Houston

It's pretty much straight out of the box but I think I'll try to add some more chain on the tow bars at the front and something in or

over the turret basket and the two bins at the rear.  I don't have any storage junk at the moment but I'm going to Ottawa mid-July

and there are larger hobby shops there so I'll try to find something to fill the bins.

Thanks Plastix

This one was a reasonably easy build except for the major flash and cleanup on the tracks which wasn't too much fun.

Now I'm building a Takom Chieftain MK 5 and I've painted and stripped it twice already as I just can't get the black and green

paint scheme to look right. I've mixed several different greens using various Tamiya acrylics and still haven't found one that

looks right when combined with black.  I have a Chieftain MK 10 and a MK 11 both done in the BATUS sand/green schemes

so I wanted this one different but it too may end up as a BATUS unit.

Take care guys,

Lloyd

• Like 2

Hi Mike

Yes I used the kit tracks and they are a major PITA.  Took me about 9 hours per side which is way too much fiddling for me.

Serious amount of flash and the two pieces don't fit well but I managed to end up with workable tracks, not that I really care.

The only other really tedious tracks are the Rye Field Abrams set with their 6 pieces per link, at least those are flash free and fit even with the

approximately 960 pieces per set. I've done 2 of those sets and while they take some time they are easier to work on than

these Meng Merkava tracks or the Meng Panther A tracks, those are throw aways for sure. Fruil to the rescue on the Panther.

Thanks for looking.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Just now, BlackMax12 said:

Yes I used the kit tracks and they are a major PITA.  Took me about 9 hours per side which is way too much fiddling for me.

Serious amount of flash and the two pieces don't fit well but I managed to end up with workable tracks, not that I really care.

Thanks - that pretty much confirms my feelings on the matter.  I'll be looking out some Friul tracks when the time comes :)

Mike

I looked at your pics of the tracks on your review and the toothed halves of mine had lots more flash with the pivot pins buried

so I had some digging to make the other half fit over them.  Basically they are trash but when you don't have any other tracks to use

what do you do?

Fruils would look good and the suspension does move, neat how they moulded those main springs.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Israel

It's not quite finished, still needs the chains corrected, the tactical markings added to the turret and something to fill

the big storage baskets.  I'll get back to it after the two 1/16 builds I have on the go, maybe after Christmas that is, LOL.

Take care,

Lloyd