Airfix 1/72nd Bristol Blenheim MkIVF

I built this a couple of years ago, as I was feeling my way back into modelling aircraft again. It was my first experience of the Airfix new tool kits, and I have to say it impressed me and made me an Airfix fan all over again.

Bristol Blenheim MkIVF – N8239 WR•L, No 248 Squadron, RAF Coastal Command, North Coates, Lincolnshire, 1940.

42502036634_efab99cf8b_b.jpg

42502035404_1aa14bb17c_b.jpg

29349077668_5509dc9e98_b.jpg

Nothing special, pretty much straight from the box. Brush painted with Humbrol enamels, kit decals. The only mod I made was to cut off and position the cockpit sliding panel on top in the open position.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

I really like your Blenheim Heather, it really does not look like a feeling your way back into modelling effort. Nice touch with the open canopy roof panel, I do not think I have seen anyone do that before. My favourite early war period markings and well photographed on a convincing base, I really must get to try one of these new Airfix Hornby kits.

regards,  adey

Thanks all!

I model railway subjects for a living, so aircraft modelling is my "busman's holiday" way to refresh my mojo. Add my passion for the 1940 period, and here I am!

I still have one Blenheim left to build, being the MkIV bomber. That will complete my Blenheim section nicely. I need a good MkI Beaufighter, and one day a Beaufort might arrive in the stash. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Very nice brush painting, Heather. I can only imagine how nice your railroad stuff looks. What's next?

Mike

Cheers Mike. I’m now developing my skills with an airbrush, though I still resort to the hairy stick at times. Old habits and comfort zones!

What's next? Well, my collection encompasses all the major Western European campaigns in 1940 in which aircraft took a major part. On the shelf, still to have proper photos done, are several further RAF types, and then there’s the Luftwaffe. In the stash is even more, including more British stuff, and aircraft from Italy, France, Holland, and Belgium. I’m currently a bit limited with display space so kits are having to remain unbuilt for now. :)