IDF lights on P-51 Mustangs...

Andre B

Concerning the IDF-lights on starbord wing I noticed that those lights often interfere with the stars and bars on the same place according to instructions. What would be correct?

/André

• Like 1

if the lights interfer with the bar of insignia on B & C models, it's not the case on D model because the ID lights are near the wing tip(lights are at 196" from a/c centerline on B&C and at 207" on D model)

the 35" D insignia had it center at 24" from wing tip splice line(or 166" from a/c centerline)

Edited by BS_w
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BS_w said:

if the lights interfer with the bar of insignia on B & C models, it's not the case on D model because the ID lights are near the wing tip(lights are at 196" from a/c centerline on B&C and at 207" on D model)

the 35" D insignia had it center at 24" from wing tip splice line(or 166" from a/c centerline)

Thanks,

That helped a lot. And the good thing now is that the i insignia is on the correct place as are the lights. Tought I hade a problem to fix...

Building the Revell P-51B at the moment and noticed as Dennis picture confirms that the lights are more inboard compared to an P-51D...

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1