Mentioned after the Kodiak Lumina, that my next car build would definitely not be any sort of race-car, so here's Tamiya's gorgeous little 1966 1300 Beetle wearing Tamiya Mica Red & Light Gunmetal (TS-42). Decals are from the RoG Beetle and are superb.

CAUFLJd.jpg

UDKrU2L.jpg

AG7Sntw.jpg

cxX8UuP.jpg

2KORzcI.jpg

JjV5Uqr.jpg

As ever please feel free to make any comments, hurl any abuse or ask a question. Next build will have wheels, but will also fly, so probably won't be seen here in the Vehicle Modelling forum. Until next time...

Ian.

• Like 10

Another really nice model Ian, with a very nice paint scheme again - top job! :thumbsup:

I've just started an Imai Beetle that I was going to do as a 'mild custom' using parts from a Fujimi 911 such as wheels, seats etc) with the 911 becoming a rally car. But the Imai was intended to be motorised & I couldn't live with the ridiculous shallow interior that gave. So as I can't be bothered to scratchbuild a rear seat for it the Bug will probably become a historic rally car too!

Anyway, yours is so nice it might have inspired me to get a Tamy one to do as a custom!

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...