Back To The Hobby

Hello all!  I was a somewhat regular contributor to  the forum back in the 2010-2012 timeframe, but as sometimes happens life got in the way and I left the hobby for far too long.  

I got back into it early this year and am loving being back at the bench playing with fiddly bits of plastic.  I was primarily a "What If?" builder back then, and still love that genre of he hobby, but since coming back to modeling most of my builds have so far been of "real world" aircraft.  Anyway,  I was googling an old build of mine (RAF What If Phantom in Vietnam) and found my post on this site so decided it would be a good place to come back and say hello.  

So here are my builds from this year so far.   

xwMtOR.jpg

First build coming back was a Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D. Lovely kit that made it very easy to jump back in!!

WmSsIG.jpg

Next build was another Tamiya kit...1/48 F-16 CJ.  Truly a pleasure to build.  

ucBZHo.jpgb

Number thee was one of my favorite kits of one of my favorite aircraft.  Hasegawa 1/48 A-4E.  Absolutely love this kit.  More in the newly regenerated stash waiting to be built.

uUCUmn.jpg

Next up was my first "What If?" in a long time...USAF F-99C Hunter, Vietnam CAS.  Academy Hunter FGA.9 kit.

xOA7tq.jpg

This one gets two pics to show off the weapons fit.  

hAQ8hl.jpg

Back to the real world for a classic Hasegawa 1/48 Spit.

An1nr7.jpg

Up next was another "What If?"   USN F6F-5 Wildcat, US Naval Ordnance Test Station China Lake, 1952 Sidewinder missile trials aircraft.  Kit is the Hasegawa 1/48 F6F-5

hgA8Ei.jpg

Centerline tank is converted to missile instrumentation pod.  

SjoEf1.jpg

Once again back to the Real World with a Tamiya 1/48 F-84G OOB build. 

SqbYTm.jpg

And the most recent completed build...Hasegawa P-40E as RAF Tomahawk II, North Africa.  

Hope you like the builds.  It's nice to be back at the bench after a far too lengthy absence!  

• Like 41

Welcome back to the hobby!  You really have been productive this year and all of the highest quality. I think I have only completed one 1/72 model this year.

Andrew

Good to see you back - you've hit the ground running too, and have far surpassed my meagre output of 2.75 models so far this year :crying:

They look rather good. The Hellcat looks rather fetching and somewhat feasible. As for the Hunter; well, I'll let you off seeing as you occasionally visit God's Country. And I don't mean Devon before anybody asks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello AD !

Nice bunch of kits ! you did great !

As for the F6F-5... This is not so What if…

The first tests for the sidewinder have been conducted with a convertible cadillac on the China lake runway….

So why not an Hellcat ??

Must have a look in my books ...🤔

Whatever, very glad to have you back aboard !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp