P-51 D-10-NA Missouri Armada: a faithful replica from the Tamiya 1/48 kit

Thanks a lot, Houston, for your enthusiasm! And as you love (like me) the Mustang vehicle too, maybe you'll like  the 1/25 Chevy Bel Air Convertible '57 that I built 3 years ago. At this time, I was not very good for taking photos (I learnt a lot later from Juan Manuel) so sorry for the quality, average without more, of these pics

Fya83N.jpg

Wggmwh.jpg

rjZdR2.jpg

lDQshM.jpg

N.B: I am gonna take back home my Chevy to take new photos that should be, I hope, a little better...

(all my models are exposed in my cabinet, that is 25 mn by car from my home). The Missouri will take the inverse way...

• Like 3

I made this short video this morning, now posted on YouTube. My Missouri Armada should take place in the reception of my dental cabinet, and not in the round showcase of the waiting room (in which the Fiat 806 is installed). For the video, I removed the bell jar...

5 hours ago, antonio argudo said:

good idea to share in other forums like Hyperscale. ARC discussion forums  or even in Facebook modeling groups, everyone needs to enjoy your fantastic build my friend!

You are right, Antonio, but I am not familiar with these social networks. Britmodeller is the first one in which I decided to participate...

I will think about that, and if you have some hint, it will be welcome.

Cheers

• Like 2

I gotta say, Olivier, that having built every 1/48 Mustang now...that I still consider the Tamiya kit as the second best, even after all these years. I tie it with the Meng kit. Why? Because when you take a close look at the Meng kit, all it is, is a shrunken version of the 1/32 Tamiya kit. And that's what makes it great. The ICM kit is just a mediocre copy of the Tamiya kit. The new Airfix kit tops the list in 1/48. But only just. There are a couple things that I think it's still missing. But your build exquisitely demonstrates how well the Tamiya kit still hold up to this day. And just how great of a pltform it is for all your extra work.

I bought a lot of the new Airfix kits, but I didn't get rid of any of my Tamiya kits. And I have a lot 😎

Coming in at more distant third, is the Hasegawa kit. I'd like to see what you could do with that kit ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Habu for this very interesting review of all the 1/48 Mustang kits. Congratulations for your persistence. Personally,  I admit I will be glad, after all these months, to dedicate me in a different project. And if I had to build again a Mustang kit, it would certainly be the Tamiya 1/32, that is a reference in that scale.

I invite you to post here, if you want, the best photos of your Mustang builds, especially the Airfix one, that you consider as the best, if I understood well.

Cheers

Olivier

25 minutes ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

Great builds but clearly impossible for me to say which is which...  :huh:

Hehe, well the top one is an Tamiya P-51B, left is an Airfix, and right is a Meng kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...