New 1/72nd scale Airfix Wellington x 2, compared with an MPM kit! Two finished so far!

Great progress with the Wellingtons Tony. The Mediterranean one is looking great and the Coastal Command one is extremely neat and tidy. 

I hope you don't mind me mentioning the fin flash on the starboard side of the Coastal Wimpy, it has blue leading instead of red. 

Tremendous work though. I can't wait to see them all together. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cngaero said:

Great progress with the Wellingtons Tony. The Mediterranean one is looking great and the Coastal Command one is extremely neat and tidy. 

I hope you don't mind me mentioning the fin flash on the starboard side of the Coastal Wimpy, it has blue leading instead of red. 

Tremendous work though. I can't wait to see them all together. 

Bugger,.... thanks for that,...... I had somebody rabbitting at me while doing this,....... just goes to show that we blokes cannot multi task! I`ll sort it,

Cheers

Tony

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Bugger,.... thanks for that,...... I had somebody rabbitting at me while doing this,....... just goes to show that we blokes cannot multi task! I`ll sort it,

Cheers

Tony

That’s funny Tony, you of all people have probably applied 1000 fin flashes over your modelling time. Just goes to show that anything’s possible in this hobby - and I endorse the ‘one thing at a time’ male trait. You should see me trying to organise a meal of meat and three veggies?? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

. just goes to show that we blokes cannot multi task! 

Like me trying to use an eftpos machine why trying to chat at the same time. :(

The Wellingtons are looking beaut Tony, the TSS really suits them, whether CC or Transport. 👍

Steve.

• Like 1

Hiya Folks,..... thanks for the kind words,..... here is the latest instalment,..... the 2nd Airfix Wellington, built as a Mk.Ic wearing the markings of 311 (Czech) Sqn, using the decals from the MPM kit; 

DSCF4754DSCF4771_NEW

DSCF4768_NEW

DSCF4769_NEWDSCF4761_NEWDSCF4759_NEW

I`ll stick some pics on RFI,...... so just the MPM kit to finish off now,.... and it is almost there!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 12

Looks like a cracking kit in whatever colour dress she decides to wear Tony! I must say this CC scheme does look quite smart. 

Cheers and beautifully modelled (yet again).. Dave 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks like a cracking kit in whatever colour dress she decides to wear Tony! I must say this CC scheme does look quite smart. 

Cheers and beautifully modelled (yet again).. Dave 

Thanks Dave,..... I like the Wimpey in these colours too,..... the next one might be a torpedo bomber!

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey Tony another beautiful build how many Wimpys do you have? 

The three in your thread are gorgeous.  Great work. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris,...... just the MPM one to finish off here then I`ll take a break from Wimpey`s for a while,..... although I have another Airfix kit which I`ll probably build as a torpedo bomber, maybe with radar too?

All the best mate,

Tony 

• Like 1

No Trumpeter Wellington in the pipeline? Would be interesting as a comparison.

Hiya Folks,

Well that`s me finished,..... here is the MPM Wimpey too,.... wearing the camouflage and markings of 294 (ASR) Sqn in Libya during 1944 for Air Sea Rescue duties;

DSCF4772DSCF4774_NEWDSCF4781_NEW

DSCF4789

Thanks for your support everybody and I have added some more photos on the RFI page,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Nice work Tony.

Love the end result with the MPM kit. It's good to see an RAF bomber aircraft in a different camo scheme.

James

Cheers James,... as soon  as I found this scheme I just had to model it!

• Like 1

Cracking work fella.  All lovely trio of Wimpeys.  Great work.  I have the MPM kit to build in the stash.   

Thanks for sharing. 

All the best 

Chris 

PS 

I have just checked my latest WIP and you have built these three lovelies in the less time than I have spent building my Trimotor.  Cor blimey that is quick. 

Edited by bigbadbadge
Added a PS
  • Haha 1