1/72nd Airfix Spitfire Mk.I,,,converted into a Mk.Vc,... Greek Air Force, post war.

Hiya Folks,

Having come across this scheme of a Post War Greek Wing Commanders personal aircraft, complete with RAF style `owners' initials code letters during some research I just had to model it and thankfully LM Decals of Greece include it on a sheet of wonderful Greek Spitfire options,..... so I but the bullet and using some spares box items such as cannons, propeller, exhaust stubs, Aboukir filter and cannon bay bulges,... I cracked on and built the model;

DSCF4546_NEWDSCF4535_NEWDSCF4544_NEWDSCF4529_NEWDSCF4534_NEW

DSCF4537_NEW

DSCF4536_NEW

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 33

That looks great Tony. Like the Vc with the later type exhausts. And the post war scheme makes one look twice to check it's not a IX. Grateful if you'd spill the beans on how you did the conversion!

Justin

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bedders said:

That looks great Tony. Like the Vc with the later type exhausts. And the post war scheme makes one look twice to check it's not a IX. Grateful if you'd spill the beans on how you did the conversion!

Justin

Cheers Justin,..... glad you like it and yes I agree,.... I like the `late' Vc`s which make you look twice to check they are not IX`s!

I built the model with another Greek Spitfire on this WIP on the MTO GB;

Cheers

Tony

Hello,Tony- I’m sorry I hadn’t locked this ‘On Radar’ until now.Your hallmark superb work evident again with this Spitfire and she looks resplendent in her unusual scheme.

All The Best,Paul.👏😉👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Tony- I’m sorry I hadn’t locked this ‘On Radar’ until now.Your hallmark superb work evident again with this Spitfire and she looks resplendent in her unusual scheme.

All The Best,Paul.👏😉👍

Cheers Paul,..... glad you like it my friend,

All the best

Tony

• Like 1