Hi from the Shire County

SLIPKNOT

Hello everyone, 

I joined yesterday and since then I've been looking at a lot of the topics and I have to say I am really impressed with the quality of the posts here. I have been a member of a forum before but I take nothing for granted and I have read the forum rules. I live in one of our lovely Shire counties and enjoy the fresh air and countryside that this gives me. I love modelling, and although I love all forms of modelling, my favourite passions are ships, aircraft, space with some tanks thrown in. 

I like to count myself as an active forum member, willing to help others and the forum wherever I can. I am also an animal lover with four cats and two dogs a rottweiler and a little dog called bonny (who isn't a rottweiler by the way), which I share with my loving wife. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible very soon. 

Kind regards

Slipknot 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, SLIPKNOT said:

I live in one of our lovely Shire counties

Is that down south on the other side of the wall then? :)

Welcome to BM,the home of fine banter and the occasional bit of modelling gen.

What are your interests?

Richard (resident of the most rugged county in the UK)

• Like 1

Hello, and :welcome: to Britmodeller, it's a great place to be. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Thank you to all the members who have replied and the nice comments. I have been building my Hobby-Zone professional  ship building slip for the past few days. Still making a few adjustments as they included bolts instead of Allen screws. Also I was a few nuts short and two bolts, nothing I can't handle while I bed in my new piece of equipment. 

I will be posting my first build diary soon, the kit I will be building will be the Soeil Royal by Deagostini 😀

56 minutes ago, SLIPKNOT said:

Thank you to all the members who have replied and the nice comments. I have been building my Hobby-Zone professional  ship building slip for the past few days. Still making a few adjustments as they included bolts instead of Allen screws. Also I was a few nuts short and two bolts, nothing I can't handle while I bed in my new piece of equipment. 

I will be posting my first build diary soon, the kit I will be building will be the Soeil Royal by Deagostini 😀

Hi Slipknot, I’m looking forward to following that build for sure. Regards Ian

9 minutes ago, SLIPKNOT said:

Thanks for the welcome, as for R&B no, not really 🙂

Thought not with a user name like that! 

Sadly humour and/or tone gets lost most times when typed. 

Not to worry. 

Don’t like R&B either, more of a Deftones/Mastodon guy myself 🤘🏿

Tony

I'm a new member from the east coast of the USA in Baltimore, Maryland, one of the murder capitals of the new world.  I'm of English stock (90% anyway) and my Virginia ancestors trace back to Sale England.  At least that's the best we can figure.  Terrible record keeping in those days.  So we were colonists, not immigrants. The likelihood was, though, that we didn't leave for Virginia because we were playing at the top of our game in England.    In any event I think this is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced bunch with many contributors.  I'm happy to join.

I'll be following diligently - - - Jamie

• Like 1