- SUKHOI T50 PAK-FA - Su 57-

-WOW.......VERY INTERESTING...MANY THANKS I'm going to visit them at once...I have a ZVEDA kit which they are tailored for  I think these intakes could make the job for the HPH.at a cost for me of another surgeonnery.....Any trouble with posting and payment ?

10 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

None at all, good communication and easy to purchase, I paid with PayPal.  

- Very good contact, -Order done - Awaiting reception - Thanks again

• Like 1

- In order to continue with the original "every things down" concept, I have to modify the stabilisators to present them depressed.It is necessary to increase the farings of          what I think the housing of the actuators with the help of pieces of plasticard.

After a filing, sanding and polishing party the final result need to be adjusted to be satisfying.

cUCgcO.jpg

k4BYHd.jpg

bwJxCJ.jpg

JqtDXQ.jpg

Much easier providing the fitting of the fins . Only think of handing the left, red an right,  green ones

Q4fQC5.jpg

• Like 2

- My attention has turn to gear wells. Some details are moulded in the kit but a bit more has to be added even if the available photo are not really probing

XSmzFG.jpg

A new bulkhead has to be made from scratch

- Some photo etched has already been added to the rear and new ribs are to be added with evergreen strips

ckuYpV.jpg

yNZPll.jpg

73D3eB.jpg

- Some tubes and wire are to be installed but t is much of a gess work...

- As I previously wrote, installing tubes and wire is a guess work based on what is scarcely visible on photos..

kx4Pth.jpg

-These bottles will be installed once the main gear legs have taken their place

WrE5vm.jpg

-The fiber glass material of the fuselage is very hard to work but the openning of the gear wells are to be cut open, hence their irregular edges which will  be rectified later.

-The next step is to take care of the main gear doors. Compared  the ones I had previously done and those of the Zvezda recently issued, they look oversized ,their shape rather strange added to this, they don't fit the opennings. They needs to be rebuilt either from scratch , or resin molded or modifiying the existing ones  by some surgery ....I shall use the Szvezda parts as template

djF2tr.jpg

• Like 2

Very good work with the stabilators, it makes more work for yourself but great attention to detail 👍

Also, your first build of this kit in the factory primer looks amazing! No doubt this one will be as well.

• Thanks 1

5nxkw1.jpg

- To end the gear doors chapter, it is time  to take in charge a new modification process. It is always difficult to correct the mistakes  of the past but new  changes caused by engineers are to be taken in account. The intakes in front of the fins are to be considered.

Lix2uk.jpg 

- Above note those of the kit , and the new ones to get.

KrPyDi.jpg

- I've decide to work the left intake.

U7N8RL.jpg

- A moulding of the intake using  two component white and blue silicone

F9fmst.jpg

3kegex.jpg

The HPH resin is used to mould an indentical shape

2on8cr.jpg

HJ66KX.jpg

Which will be glued on the model once the same size of the original had been removed

7Wy63J.jpg

pOpD87.jpg

- After a lot of boing drilling, filing and sanding, a first coat of primer to show where to refine the surface that's the result

bg68uj.jpg

- After the left intake the right one. 

- Same process, removing the kit one and building the inside walls with pieces of plasticard

HCickd.jpg

To match  the fairing external shape some plastering made of resin dust and cyano has been applied. I use this mixture each time it is possible, it is to be applied directly where it is required, cyano first then resin as it settle instantly. The result is stronger and harder than the surrounding material. This has to be taken in account when used over traditionnal plastic because  filing and sanding is most of time necessary. Used on resin parts the great bonus is the commonality of material.

BzDfHC.jpg

- The end product

HzmJyx.jpg

To be noted the trace of filing in front of the intake which will be fixed with a cyano drop.; The fiber glass and resin natur of this kit render this glue mandatory.

jyxb7S.jpg

K8UUaZ.jpg

WT0oVB.jpg

- Microdesign photo-etched just arrived. Even taylored for ZVEZDA kit some parts  will be useful, notably those bloody auxiliary intakes

- In a great white silence I trace my way.....time has come to take care of the rear part and the exhaust housing. Testing the fit of the cans I discover it is impossible to slide the right one

izyTHa.jpg

I wonder what I was thinking of when I've done this....... So the only way is to cut the faulty part and set it in a correct place only to find its diameter was too small

78mytf.jpg

Searching reconfort with a good fresh beer i removed the faulty parts and glued them conviniently

KjWOF6.jpg

The gaps had to be filled inserting grey resin powder and cyno mixture  , filing and sanding again which render the repair almost unoticeable

Bk5STd.jpg

And the church is back in the middle of the village......(French expression)

90QVbc.jpg

- The cockpit canopy is the next part to take care of with Microdesing parts

• Like 2

- To end with the exhausts,the flameholders comes  from the kit photo etched, shaped, painted, and installed in their  respective cans ready to be inserted in the fuselage

36HHCf.jpg

qwFyvO.jpg

ZHh0Bh.jpg

- Then as promised it is the turn of he cockpit to be refurbished using Microdesing parts and some scratch around front frame.

dAsBWU.jpg

v1AmIg.jpg

Iu47iG.jpg

• Like 2

- To continue with the refurbishing work, thanks to Microdesign I finally get what I needed for those damned auxillary intakes.

jCac9X.jpg

- All these effort to at last reach the  step of normal kit building.

To begin slowly I've finished the landing gears I had left in storage at the begining of the adventure using part from the kit  a few scratch and microdesign stuff

9lEeyO.jpg

- All these effort to at last reach the  step of normal kit building.

To begin slowly I've finished the landing gears I had left in storage at the begining of the adventure using part from the kit  a few scratch and microdesign stuff

cd2oSX.jpg

iBzasn.jpg

iBzasn.jpg

Rbf9WO.jpg

-I can now begin to consider the painting but not before a strong boring regraving, cleaning, polishing party...without speaking of the seat in the cockpit, the warload and and wing tanks and I, hope so, will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by IPMS19
- rectify a word

- The refurbishing work on  my first attempt to built an almost ressembling  Felon has come to its end with the addition of stifners on the tail plane and parietal antennas on the nose cone made of optic fiber wires, the blue identification color will deseapear once the whole polished to gives something thinner.

2JKq8i.jpg

PMabBL.jpg

PMabBL.jpg

- Now the ways of the usual classic modelling steps are open, details fitting, masking and painting, eventual weathering but it is out of the scope of WIP so rendezvous to RFI .

- I would like to thanks those courageous guys who dare to like this what looks to be a punishment........😷.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh wow!!

:partytime:

,Missed your last updates :(

Did you make your own.masking?

Edit: have not found it in the RFI section yet... hope you present her soon!!

any judgment yet how it compares with the Zvezda kit?

18 hours ago, exdraken said:

Oh wow!!

:partytime:

,Missed your last updates :(

Did you make your own.masking?

Edit: have not found it in the RFI section yet... hope you present her soon!!

any judgment yet how it compares with the Zvezda kit?

Hi Werner,

- At last it is finished, I never spent so many hours on a model,in the last weeks I had to force myself to continue with the consequence that it is not the masterpiece I was dreaming of.

-Of course, the model date back to around 8/10 years ago with the documents availabe in these times, which have consequences on the precision of the shapes and details. The kit is made of fiber glass and resin which means that it is very strong but hard to work, rendering the modifications or repairs difficult , every gluing being made with cyano. All opennings are to be drawned and openned with only the notice, to install the cockpit and gear wells as the whole  fuselage is one piece...the engraving is beautifull with panels , doors and rivets nicely represented but lacking of deepness and regularity

-The Zveda kit is far better as it is made of our usual plastic, with the increasingly growing quality of this brand, even if the precision depends of the documents available for this beast. Compared to the size of the HPH kit it is marginally smaller but I can't tell which one is oversized or scaled down.

-I have one in my stash but I ll built it later, I need to be desintoxicated with this kit.....I want to built it in the color of Bort 53 special drone scheme but I cannot get the right masking available in the Zveda kit sold in the Russian sphere;( If ever someone had one spared..........)

- I use the excellent New Ware masking for the Su 57  taylored for the Zveda kit, the adaptation can be easily made and New Ware has to be commended for the quality of their masks.

- To resume, I expected too much of the HPH kit .It is the second I built and I capitalized on my previous experience to built THE perfect modeI, I even dare to open de weapons bay....!!!l but it proved to be too much a challenge and my model won't earn even a peanut in a competition.

- More photos to be seen in R F I

- Well my friend I think I answered your question but don't hesitate to ask for more.  J.M

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...