P-47D Academy 1/72

zegeye

This is my entry.  I don't know if I manage to finish it. I must to finish my B-25 entry first....  But I will try to put here some progress photo from time to time.

6HHyjOzZ_o.jpg

• Like 6

Yes indeed. Although I have four more T-bolt in the stash ( tamiya, hasegawa) I have chosen academy. But this isn't very good model. As you can see I have a lot aftermarkets to use with. I have a quickboost guns for it (which aren't on the picture ) and I need one more.... wheels. This is all you need to make the Academy looks like an allmost good T-bolt. 😁 But from the box it should looks like a T-bolt to. It is easier to make Tamiya one, but all this stuff I have bought years ego. So, I plan to use it better than throw it.

• Like 2

OK. I've  decided what camo will have my T-bolt.  If I succeed it will be this one:

Uf3ojMtt_o.jpg

photo courtesy of saipanbolt  (for disscussions only)

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 4

If your decals sheet doesn't mention it, there's a chance this aircraft had blue wheel covers ( matching the rest of the blue used ), like quite a few of the 319th FS aircraft at the time. Though from the picture you posted it's hard to say for sure. I'm going with blue caps on "Big Squaw".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't recall seeing good picture of the full installation but this drawing from the IPC roughly shows it - item 8 is "installation of pan and boot"

Screenshot_20180908-173623

The EMI when talking about removing the tail wheel assembly says "remove fabric and metal dust shields which house tail wheel mechanism. These dust shields are attached by means of screws."

So it maybe the the fabric part just  covers the rear and side vertical section of the tail wheel assembly, with not much being visible from outside.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

I've worked a little with the wings. I filled with putty the seam marks on the flaps and rescribed lines. Some putty was needed with resine gun mountings. I also put clear parts to simmulate the lights. I have to fill in an old, and make the new one oppening for pitot tube, cose this is on the wrong wing in the Academy model. I rescribed the position lights. The engine is under construction too. 

OKWjYgaP_o.jpg

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 4

Today I worked with an engine cowling intake. I try to make it a little better and realistic. It looks for now clumsy but I will smooth it out with a putty and sandpaper...

And the airplane neded a little putty to, but not to much.

5FcSaM6A_o.jpg

u25cZS1p_o.jpg

8bt5UfEp_o.jpg

X32hOlKj_o.jpg

• Like 5