Razorback, silverlady

Hewy

I've done a bit of variation on the silver, but its very subtle,some angles its quite pronounced, others not, also fat fingered old me knocked the front screen off, I'm sure it'll go back on without too much drama, while its off i took the opportunity to take some photos, now I've got my camera back, i may repaint the wing roots in a darker shade maybe, any thoughts, the cowling is nearly done, as i got the mandatory thumb print across two shades of aluminium paint, and thanks to tbolt ive changed the hexagonal dizzy, the tanks are done and they'll be fitted next with the uc, thanks for stopping by

Glynn 

MTWNV5L.jpg

WFGIIta.jpg

qPMBzLa.jpg

zaASL2u.jpg

Il5NfXx.jpg

MtJmJ0k.jpg

JRM4j6E.jpg

• Like 6

I'm afraid, the silverlady is on temporary hold due to a decal meltdown (literally) i managed to get one wing decal on this only broke in one place not all the way down but others completely disintegrated, this was with just water, you can actually see on the few decals that are left they're already showing signs of breaking up before cutting out, I'm going to email techmod, and then we'll see if i have to change the scheme or not, I'm reluctant to just buy a replacement sheet incase it happens again, a minor repaint may be on the cards, but not the d day stripes, (as far as i can see though these were particular to the silverlady, they started further out from the wing root than others I've seen, i may have to live with this if i change the scheme, i don't own any other bmf razorback decals, possible replacements after a brief look on the net are, - "wild bette fearless dick" , minor tail colour change, but bombs not tanks, and" joan" again bombs not tanks, I've been looking for "zombie" "blonde angel"or the" kansas tornado" but no luck yet, we'll see if i get a reply from techmod first before i pull the trigger on a replacement sheet, 

As decaling was just getting underway, I'd got one wing decal on, this broke but i realigned it, after considerable stress, 

e7IrOhp.jpg

The remains of the side decal

VydvBeZ.jpg

All that remains, the other H VZ, just disappeared before i could photograph it

XSwjFcm.jpg

This was the order of the day, i didnt even touch these, 

9pdruXx.jpg

Hopfully I'll be back, 

Disappointed, 

Glynn 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

16 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Had a quick look in the stash and found a copy of Aeromaster 48-348.

Has markings for a certain P-47D-22-RE Razorback serial number 42-26044 of the 61st FS, 56th FG Boxted, July 1944 called "Silver Lady", can you think of anyone who might be able to find a use for these?😊

Me, me, hey, thanks craig we must come to some kind of recompense arrangement, nice one mate, pm inbound

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Just glad to help mate, no recompense required, you and many others would, and have, done the same for me.

Thankyou, i most certainly would 

Glynn 

• Like 1

That's not great. The rest are probably usable if you coat them with one or two coats of Microscale's Liquid Decal Film. I always try a decal  from a sheet that I can afford too loose first and if it shatter's I coat it with LDF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tbolt said:

That's not great. The rest are probably usable if you coat them with one or two coats of Microscale's Liquid Decal Film. I always try a decal  from a sheet that I can afford too loose first and if it shatter's I coat it with LDF.

What @Tbolt  said, I've Techmod decals for a 1/72 one of these, though in its later guise with a Malcolm Hood as flown by Witold Lanowski, I won't have the MLDF far away when it comes to decalling, this stuff really does work.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tbolt said:

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

What @Tbolt  said, I've Techmod decals for a 1/72 one of these, though in its later guise with a Malcolm Hood as flown by Witold Lanowski, I won't have the MLDF far away when it comes to decalling, this stuff really does work.

Steve.

I'll definitely try some of this, cheers, 

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Awesome paintwork Glynn but what a shame about the decals. Hope you manage to get sorted with Craig's help.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks stix, yes Craig has come to the rescue here, I'm collecting them tomorrow evening 

• Like 3

Ok I'm calling the silver lady complete, now i know the painted parts still have a sheen to them particularly the od anti glare strip, I'm in two minds here whether to matt it down or not, i dont want to do the whole model for fear of losing the metal effect, and I'm concerned about the decals under masking tape, i could gloss every thing again  with alclad aqua gloss, then  mask and matt the painted parts, but im going to dwell on it for a week or so first, but  here it is, I'll post it up in the gallery, but if i decide to gloss and matt, I'll put the pictures here, I'm happy with the result, and I'm absolutely in craigs (modelling minions) debt for basically sacrificing a decal sheet to save the scheme, thanks again craig. 

Cheers everyone  for a most enjoyable gb, i shall be getting another one of these but in 1/32 scale

Glynn 

IpW5GHc.jpg

TApRUgF.jpg

vR8tGDa.jpg

Unfortunately a lttle silvering has occurred on the prop decals

HUsHDv3.jpg

The gloss on the od is  apparent here

g1zHXrs.jpg

Zba5Ij3.jpg

duApAIV.jpg

CG1Lyp2.jpg

Finally a couple of size comparisons with one of the raf's finest, a mk1b typhoon also dressed in d day stripes

a51hlam.jpg

jFeDB1F.jpg

• Like 15