Revell 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet

Hi all,

This build has only been possible due to the generosity of a fellow modeller, FIGHTS ON has given me a part that had stopped me from this build and I'd like to thank him for letting me complete this out of the box build.

The Revell 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet isn't the best kit in the world of this now familiar aircraft but its been a steady use of glue and filler. My only major complaint is my aircraft seems to sit 'right wing down', not sure why but I'm still happy with the overall build, painting, decal's and slight weathering. The kits OOP now but you can pick one up from Ebay from time to time, mine came from the stash via the shelf of doom, its saving grace was the recent completion of the Hasegawa 1/48 Growler for the Carrier Group build.

A bonus with the kit are the Daco decals, a great scheme with no nonsense decals that went on like silk. The only deviation from the kit was the weapons, I added a few tanks and bombs to load my Hornet with a mix of Air to Air and Air to Ground ordinance, 

Anyway enough of the blurb, here's the kit.

IMG_3239

IMG_3236

IMG_3237

IMG_3238 2

IMG_3240

• Like 27

that is one smart build - and I know what you mean about the "gaps" to be filled in front of the canopy. I am pushing to get my Super Bug onto "ready - 4-Inspection by the weekend.....but need to get better at my photography!

does this kit only come with 1 drop tank then? At least you get weapons unlike the Hasegawa one?

• Like 1