Saga Noren's Porsche 911S

Now The Bridge (Bron/Broen) has finished, I would like to build a model of Saga Noren's 1977 Porsche 911S. Working in 1/24 scale, has anybody got an idea which would be the best kit to start from? The modelling world seems full of Porsce 911s but I can't find one that matches the picture.

This artcle gives pictures and informatin and this page from the auction catalogue gives lots of details.

Just wondering if a Fujimi Carrera 2 would do as a base kit, though I'd have to source suitable wheels.

I think Revell did a basic 911 years ago.

All I could see in a quick search had flared arches.

I think those are Fuch's wheels and shouldn't be a problem.

It has the U.S. over riders on the rear bumper.

I can't say that I like the colour. But I do like early 911's.

Good luck

Pete

Edit; found it https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=40477&cat=Civil Vehicle&searchtext=porsche&erl=Revell-1-25-Porsche-911-H1215

How badly do you want to build one, Nigel? 😜

The bad news is that as you've found, there's nothing you can build to replicate that car out of the box. The "good" news is that, like the real thing, Fujimi kits are eminently cross-kittable. You're going to need to take the "concertina" bumpers from the 930 Turbo '85 and to fit them to a non-flared body. Which is where the "How badly?" question comes in... As far as I know, the only early non-flared body kits that Fujimi does are the '67 911R and the '69 911S, which is the right size. Unfortunately, although most of the later models can be found in Enthusiast Model and regular boxings, and many in extremely good value versions associated with Japanese anime properties (with exactly the same kit inside), Fujimi hasn't issued the 69 911S for a while, and they are fetching silly prices on the 'bay, and are generally very hard to find...

best,

M.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:53 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

tually, looking at the stash, if you can find one of these:

201402062350225-800x600.jpg

It's probably as close as you can get in one box, if you can ignore the slight extra flare on the rear arches compared to Saga's ride...

Well I have hunted high and low but no sign of one anywhere. I think I'll start with the Fujimi Carrera 2 and use lots of Milliput. Does anybody know where I can get a set of Fuch's wheels?

Thanks for everybody's help and advice.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help.

I have sourced a kit thanks to Matt (cmatthewbacon).

There may be a Work in Progress - if I can work the camera and manage to download pictures!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the original sold for £125,000 hammer price (£141,500 including commission & VAT) at Goodwood on Friday -I'm pleased the money is going to WaterAid. Bonham's estimate was £20,000 - £30,000. Link here.

• 1 year later...