Takom M47 Patton

Hey there, Here is now my Takom M47 that I am going to call it finished until I might eventually place it in a small scene.

Basic idea was to try the variation and work on single color paint scheme. Went ahead with alot of oil treatment. The dirt accumulation was something else I wanted to try. So here it is.

The build can be found elsewhere

Takom build report

Here are various shots now

a4eip65q.jpg

sfaqht29.jpg

qnvlklnk.jpg

aqnvjkss.jpg

lur6vfn6.jpg

aolu94fc.jpg

wonadvhu.jpg

i5shxpcn.jpg

mhmsy2sx.jpg

• Like 20

Very well finished, I like it a lot, that solid aspect that it looks like is very real. I would have liked to see some photos with artificial light and on white background (or another color that you like). :goodjob:

Cheers Soeren :yes:

• Thanks 1

Thank you too. It was a very enjoyable build and I tried something new. Out of the box this kit has so many nice surface features. One could explore it over and over again and still find something new. Also the painting was great fun. As I said in the build report,  went over it with very subtle oil paint actions over and over again. These aren't easy to see. But they add to the character and I know they are there. Maybe one day I can do a vignette with figures. Have some us soldiers on my list for that. But that is for later.

• Like 3

Thank you guys. A lot of reading on this board and following others builds really helped alot.

I got a little bit lazy with the wheels in the end. But might add that once a bas is coming along.

I've always loved the look of the Patton with its distinctive silhouette and all those glorious little details, especially the engine grills/covers, so it's great to see another grace these pages.

An excellent rendition of a Patton, Soeren, beautifully built, painted and weathered.

I particularly like the subtle satin sheen finish rather than the usual matt. It's something that I try to achieve on my AFVs nowadays as I think it looks more like paint-over-metal than paint-over-plastic. It adds 'weight' to the model. Your Patton looks like a big heavy chunk of armour, the photos taken outside could be of the real thing. And the indoors photos are great too, showing off those lovely subtle tints and colour variations due to the oils.

I have never stumbled across a Patton in a diorama before, so it would be great to see you go ahead with that idea one day.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Nice contrast between the photos of interior / exterior, personally I like more the tone of those inside. Anyway, a great result with the kit, something cleaner than mine, in which I tried new products (for me) and weathering techniques.

Cheers Soeren :yes:

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your kind words. :)

That is the great part of the hobby, he can all do it differently and enjoy the various options, try new products etc.

The finish is really satin on most parts of the upper hull, but also on the running gear. While I think it is well suited for rubber, I would have liked the dusted wheels to be a bit more matt. Unfortunately the Kursk Soil product was still too satin in the end. Another thing to work on in the diorama. I thought of a sandy yellow bron ground with some high grass the the tank grinds through. Accompanied by some soldiers. The 4 dragon  ardennes guys would be interesting I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soeren said:

The 4 dragon  ardennes guys would be interesting I guess.

As I understand it, M47 Pattons first appeared in 1952 and never saw combat with the US Army. But some were sold to other countries and did see active service on the battlefield. (Indo-Pakistan war being one) Still, a non-combative diorama would be great.

edit: or possibly you could recreate a screenshot from the film 'Patton' where M47's and M48's were used both as US Army tanks and German tanks!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder