1/350 Trumpeter HMS Exeter - released !

73north

The good news is that today - the announcement was made that

HMS Exeter Item No.: 05350  in Scale: 1:350 was released - so in a couple of months it should be on the shelves in the West ( I believe the new kits get released first in the far East , for a few months )

note confirmation is visible of this fact on the Official Trumpeter of China website

kind regards

• Like 2

I'm going to wait until the first reviews come in to see how the kit looks accuracy-wise. I'll almost certainly get one, but if it's riddled with errors, as many of Trumpeter's ship kits are, I will wait until I can get it at a bargain discount price. Trumpeter has been producing high-end kits for about 20 years now and they still keep releasing kits with infuriating mistakes due to poor research. I won't buy their new kits sight unseen anymore. 

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree , I will wait till the Kit is released - and see what a reputable reviewer has to say about it

the research part is a problem ( like the Repulse Kit having 1936 Deckhouses and single support prop shafts , to name a few . )

Trouble is that the Exeter kit will be the only game in town ( like the Belfast ) - so a Shapeways correction set is an viable option

On 7/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, 73north said:

Trouble is that the Exeter kit will be the only game in town

Possibly, but now that Flyhawk is getting into the 1/350 game and with the new company VeryFire, which so fare has featured 1/350 ships, who knows what we might get in the future. It's unfortunate that Trumpeter basically drove Academy out of the 1/350 ship business.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This is the box art on display at the Tokyo Show ( the kit is for sale from 1st November 2018 for about £ 75 ) for HMS Exeter -

O3ptNuy.jpg -

there are sprue shots at the Trumpeter website , but they are small photos , note the Hull is not waterline - and comes as a single piece casting hull

Edited by 73north

Hobbysearch has the kit up on their website: LINK and LINK. The paint guide is always a good indication of what the model looks like as I suspect it's derived off the CAD used for the kit.

Mike.