Jaguar gr1, gulf war

An out of the box build for the raf centenary gb. The fit was ok apart from the uc doors and air brakes, they needed  a bit of a sanding to fit, the box decals went down on the gloss enamel xtracolor x032 raf desert pink quite well,  but the rear id markings should be white, weathered with a dark dirt clay based wash, and pastels, the base is an off cut of oak and acrylic rods

Cheers 

Glynn 

OGNNJdb.jpg

cAtibZN.jpg

0JBTukw.jpg

DIzjgmL.jpg

5eeTpsQ.jpg

• Like 48

5 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Nice looking Jaguar - I have one in the stash- what is wrong with the Italeri kit?

Not that much, you'll have your skills tested,  plenty of dry fitting, sanding and fettling, panel lines are spurious in places and very deep and wide, the undercarriage doors just plain and simple don't fit in the closed position, but, this is a kit originally molded in 1996,i know in kit terms that probably shouldn't be a problem, but i reckon the whole show has   moved up a gear since, not a shake n bake kit, but i enjoyed building  it if im honest, 

Glad you like it, thanks, 

Hello Glynn,

Very nice Jaguar ! I like it !!

Very good weathering too, the Granby Jag are always a challenge and you mastered it !!

:partytime:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ModellerUK said:

Looks super but flying with no pilot! 

I like what you did with the display stand 

I did originally intended doing a wheels down cockpit open model, but I had a brainstorm that includes a granby bucc, and a tonka all in 72nd and all in flight from the same stand, and with only ww2 pilots in 72nd you'd have probably noticed that too, 😁the plan is still on,  but, unfortunately it is going to be back end of the year now till its complete

Cheers

Glynn 

I'd have loved to have a go at driving one of these.  I was never quite good enough tho'.

Maybe I can take the place of the ghost driver in your super model?

Unrealistic ambitions on my part. 

Big achievements on yours with a great looking Jaguar.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatFlyHalf said:

I'd have loved to have a go at driving one of these.  I was never quite good enough tho'.

Maybe I can take the place of the ghost driver in your super model?

Unrealistic ambitions on my part. 

Big achievements on yours with a great looking Jaguar.

The phantom pilot, i knew i should have raided a 72nd hurricane or spitfire for a look alike, 

Cheers 

17 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Looks great low down!

Good job indeed!!

What "pink" did you use?

Hi werner, thanks mate, the paint was,  enamel xtracolor 032 raf desert pink, its the first time I've painted a full model in enamels for about 30 years, it went on glossy, so it saved a lot of time not having to gloss for decals and the clay based wash, 

Glynn 

• Thanks 1