Tornado F.3

I had been looking at getting a 1/48 Tornado F.3 kit when Revell released theirs.  Not usually one to go for new kits I thought I would give it a go.  Some Amazon birthday vouchers got me on my way and today I would call her nearly done.  No weapon load out yet, and about 300 No Step decals still left, but the sunshine was too good to resist.

lcAXAkw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

8VF6QCA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

57n6Ion_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

JmVSJIk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

And the aircraft herself.  Many thanks to @MADMUSKY for the 23 Sqn eagles to change her from the Revell special tail to regular EZ

yUtVqVU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

bg22pfT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

sm6lOTW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

w2mIeaw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

n4EZvBB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Thanks for looking

• Like 33

9 minutes ago, Simon382 said:

Very cool, esp in front of the HAS. Is it me or does the nose look a little odd? Open can full of worms and exits stage left!!!!!!!

I think the Revell body squares off a bit to soon after the nose.  The real thing seems more gradual.  One of those things you can only really see when it’s finished!

1396123-large.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

I'm intrigued by the HAS.

The HAS has been around for a while.  It has its own thread in the diorama section where the build of the F3 can be found

• Thanks 1

Very nice rendition of the much missed Electronic Flick Knife. Lovely finish but I would need to have a 43 or 111 sqn bird.  I want one of these but every time I pick the box up I put it down again something scares me away. Maybe I should build myself a pair of testicles first 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unfinished project said:

I want one of these but every time I pick the box up I put it down again something scares me away. 

I got the kit a few months back & picked it up a load of times before getting up courage to dive in.  Something about the 280 part was intimidating.  Built up easier than I expected though

1 minute ago, bar side said:

I got the kit a few months back & picked it up a load of times before getting up courage to dive in.  Something about the 280 part was intimidating.  Built up easier than I expected though

I might give it a go at some point just need to clear down the stash slightly 👍

That's a stunner,great job,I don't do "modern" but had to have this when it was released after seeing this I need to start it!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments guys.  Have to say this was an enjoyable build.  Nice parts fit & very little filler.  But given the number of parts it has taken a while.

The F3 got its load out today - 4 Skyflash, 2 Sidewinders (outer pylons only) and the Hindenburgs (tacked on & keeping them detachable)

XFjS3ie_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

7x53pwW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

gpazXgn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

dHzWniS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 1