Web site shop

Ed Russell

Ed,

I am in no way connected with Maketar but recently got this message via Facebook:

Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, Maketar SHOP has been offline for a month now, we're sorry about that but there were things that had to be done, for the sake of all of us.

1. GDPR compliance - huge and important thing, requires time and effort plus of course legal advice on everything 
2. SSL and HTTPS connection from now on
3. Under the hood system update and upgrade, cart system and everything that makes it work
4. Visual design tweaks, mainly for easier navigation and browsing experience
5. Responsiveness - this one has been waiting for too long. Use of our old web shop was rather painful or even impossible on mobile devices with smaller screens. Not anymore! 
6. Various minor tweaks

Majority of work has already been finished, i would say some 95% but we are still into testing and fine tuning things. 
Yes, i have said that the web shop will be up and running past weekend but we're just not ready yet. Again, apologies!

So, after going trough everything with developers team, more accurate estimate is Saturday, July 14th. This 2 week delay is mostly caused by holidays on our side and not so much due to technical reasons, otherwise we would start taking orders and dispatching like 10 days later...

Also, at least 1 new set is guaranteed to be available now, Tamiya F4U-1D (60327).

Now, another important thing, those of you who subscribed to our newsletter mailing list are no longer there (hello GDPR!) so i would kindly ask those willing to re-subscribe by following bellow link:

We will use this to inform everyone once we are online and ready!

https://maketar.us17.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b780fbac80a1bc8217fc5ba7a&id=ca14853a47

Apologies for delays and many thanks for your understanding and patience,

Alek

• 5 years later...
On 30/06/2018 at 22:48, Ed Russell said:

Your web site has been down for "scheduled maintenance" for some considerable time. Are you still in business?

Still getting this message……

We are currently doing a huge overhaul of the web shop so purchases will be disable for the time being. We will be back soon. Many thanks for your understanding.

So I guess they are no more.

Jon