Airbus A300s Thai Airways and Air Jamaica,Hasegawa 1/200

Hasegawas LoveLiner Series was quite popular back in the 80s and 90s and they still are today.

Sadly Hasegawa has limited their range significantly with only a few airliners remain.

The older ones,such as the Airbus A300 have become collector's items and some LL200 airliners change hands a rather silly prices.

My stash of Hasegawa airliners grew a lot  when I was able to obtain many of those from a colletor who was selling his stocks.

Among those kits were a bigger number of A300s,two of which came now off the assambly line.

The Thai Airways version is straight out of the box while for the Air Jamaica version I used the excellent decal set from Liveries Unlimited.The coroguard panels are from Liveries Unlimited as well.

I had this sheet for many years,but I was never brave enough to use them.I was always unsure if these decals would conform without issues around all curves on the model.

But to my surprise they worked superbly.Except the yellow roof,all other colors are decals

The builds,like with all Hasegawa airliners,is straight forward without issues.They are nice build for in-between.

Hope you like 'em

20180630_191421.jpg

20180630_191405.jpg

20180630_191431.jpg

20180630_191451.jpg

20180630_191527.jpg

20180630_191602.jpg

20180630_191616.jpg

20180630_191643.jpg

20180630_191700.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice work on both Alex! :thumbsup:

It would be good to have an accurate 1/144 scale version of the A300, until then I will bumble along with the Airfix offerings.

Thank you very much.

As for plastic kits,the Hasegawa one is the most accurate to date.

The Airfix kit is not bad either,with some little work it can be turned into a nice A300.I built one some years ago in Air Niugini markings.

The best kit of the A300 in 1/144 is the resin one from Authentic Airliners

I've never seen a copy of this kit, they do look like perfect little A300's.

Like them both, but far and away the Thai one is my favorite, nothing is ever going to beat that livery.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

That Air Jamaica livery has to be one of the most colourful ever! But like John says the Thai livery is difficult to beat!

I don't think I would've been confident enough to apply that Air Jamaica decal in one go, I'd probably cut it into the different colours and applied them separately or painted it all, so well done! 

I used to have quite a few Loveliners but I always felt frustrated by the chunky undercarriage and sold them or gave them away. 1/144 for me! 

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Looks good

i have the the thai boxing too but the windscreen clear part is missing ....after seeing yours, might just motivate me to try n source a replacment 

rgds n nice work again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

That Air Jamaica livery has to be one of the most colourful ever! But like John says the Thai livery is difficult to beat!

I don't think I would've been confident enough to apply that Air Jamaica decal in one go, I'd probably cut it into the different colours and applied them separately or painted it all, so well done! 

I used to have quite a few Loveliners but I always felt frustrated by the chunky undercarriage and sold them or gave them away. 1/144 for me! 

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you very much Ian.

Yes,I too hesitated a long time using these decals.But they went on beautifully.Some bit of decalsoftener worked the magic and the blue pieces bent around the curves flawlessly.The Liveries Unlimited decals are a real treat and great to work with.

I really like these LL200 airliners.Easy to build and they fit into the vitrines.I use those kits sometimes to distract myself from more difficult builds

6 hours ago, Mr B said:

Looks good

i have the the thai boxing too but the windscreen clear part is missing ....after seeing yours, might just motivate me to try n source a replacment 

rgds n nice work again

Thank you very much.

Thats too bad about the windscreen.Those kits are getting harder to find these days.

I am not sure but maybe I have a windscreen in my sparesbox.

I will check and let you know if thats the case.I could mail it to you then,just drop me a pm if you're interested.