British AIrways Concorde Revell 1/72

After a longer break ,I am back with a few builds I finished since last november.

First to start with the Concorde in the huge 1/72 scale,this was a re-release of the old Heller kit with new decals.The kit itself is unchanged.

After reading a few reviews about the kit being not the best in terms of fitting,I hesitated for quite a while to start it and I left it on the shelf.

But finally I thought I give it a go and see what I can achieve with it.

Well,the issues are there but Revell provides very good instructions which show where the problem areas are.

First I planned to go with the movable nose but the clear parts were very brittle,so I decided to glue it in.

Being such a huge model,I thought the landing gear could use some extra details so I made hydraulic cables and binders out of copper wire.

Also the flaps were installed in a slightly lowered angle,like they were when the Concorde was standing at the gate.

Besides the nose,I experienced not much other issues,the kit went together quite well.

Paints are my usual mix of Tamyia Pure White out of the spray can and other colors are Revell and Testors enamels .

The decal sheet is enormous and provides marking options for all of BA's Concordes.

Once finished its a huge model and I had some difficulties finding a decent space to place her,let alone getting some good pics...

Hope you like her

20180630_191113.jpg

20180630_191048.jpg

20180630_191009.jpg

20180630_190803.jpg

20180630_190741.jpg

20180630_190751.jpg

20180630_190732.jpg

• Like 51

Welcome back Alex, gorgeous model! Nice to see a bit of extra detail on the landing gear.

I've got a couple of these in the stash one of which I've started but not got very far with and seeing this makes me want to get on with it. Trouble is, as you say, it's just so big!I

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, russ c said:

Very nice Concorde Alex, great job.

BTW I can`t see pic`s on your Tu 144 post, only links and a green square ?

Thank you very much.

The pics in my TU-144 post can now be seen.I had to re-upload the pice to imgbb.com again

14 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Welcome back Alex, gorgeous model! Nice to see a bit of extra detail on the landing gear.

I've got a couple of these in the stash one of which I've started but not got very far with and seeing this makes me want to get on with it. Trouble is, as you say, it's just so big!I

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian,

Go for it,its worth it in the end and a real show stopper in the living room once its placed on its display stand

I am currently working on Heller's 1/125 scale Concorde.I must admit this is a real dog of a kit.Terrible plastic,terrible fit...

Edited by Alex1978

Wow! I'd love to build one of these, but where on earth could it be stored?  Looks every bit as spectacular as the real thing.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

That's a very nice looking model of the iconic beauty that was Concorde.

I still feel so sad to think that we'll never see her fly again, but models such as this will continue to perpetuate our memory of this beautiful aeroplane.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cngaero said:

That's a very nice looking model of the iconic beauty that was Concorde.

I still feel so sad to think that we'll never see her fly again, but models such as this will continue to perpetuate our memory of this beautiful aeroplane.

Thank you very much

You've made a fantastic job of a less than sparkling kit.

In a moment of madness I got my original Airfix boxing from the stash, I can vouch for it's issues. I'm doing it on the stand as I like the sleek look of the aircraft with the visor up but it's designed to be built with wheels down so fettling the undercarriage doors is a bit of a scrat (amongst other things!)

If it turns out half as nice as yours I'll be well chuffed.

Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

You've made a fantastic job of a less than sparkling kit.

In a moment of madness I got my original Airfix boxing from the stash, I can vouch for it's issues. I'm doing it on the stand as I like the sleek look of the aircraft with the visor up but it's designed to be built with wheels down so fettling the undercarriage doors is a bit of a scrat (amongst other things!)

If it turns out half as nice as yours I'll be well chuffed.

Pete

Thank you very much.

I thought it has a wheel up option ?

There are not that many issues except if you wish to have the nose part movable.I would recommend using metal tubes and wire to strengthen that part.I missed the chance and now its in fixed configuration.

Most important is to glue each fuselage segment halves together and then attach the nose and the tail to the middlesection.That way you can make sure that all fuselage parts will align and only minor filling and sanding ist required.

The Revell instruction sheet is a big improvement over the Heller/Airfix.

If I remember correctly,Revell offered a pdf download on their homepage

1 hour ago, Alex1978 said:

Thank you very much.

There are not that many issues except if you wish to have the nose part movable.I would recommend using metal tubes and wire to strengthen that part.I missed the chance and now its in fixed configuration.

Most important is to glue each fuselage segment halves together and then attach the nose and the tail to the middlesection.That way you can make sure that all fuselage parts will align and only minor filling and sanding ist required.

You are correct, the pdf is available and I have downloaded it to compare to the Airfix instructions I have.

You have again done a beautiful job on the Concorde Alex :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Thank you very much.

It has a wheels up option but the doors aren't a very good fit, another place where modelling skills are required! I'd definitely agree with your advice to glue the fuselage half segments together first, it does make life a lot easier.

Pete

• Like 1