1/48 - McDD F-15E Strike Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released - new BAM Models F-15SG/SA/QA/EX conversion set & Caracal decals

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Looks very nice and looking like I’ll have to break away from my normal genre and get one to go with my 48 TFW F-111. Shame there only seems to be marking options for 2 aircraft from the same Squadron, although great that it is the 48 TFW!

Muzz

• Like 2

Lucky Models price will be $56.99 plus $23.18 shipping plus any import duty and vat if you get nabbed.

Total with shipping $80.17  plus poss another $17.00 or so for UK customs  so total $97.00

UK Model shop retail will be £77.99 before dealer discount or ext vat £64.99

So before you go legging it overseas for a deal at least you have the information to hand.

We aim to have the first batch in the UK on or about end of October 2018

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED
  • Like 3

About time!

Anybody checked details if all parts are there to make a totally modern up to date USAF Strike Eagle ?

The weapons load out suggests so ;)

Edited by exdraken

22 hours ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Lucky Models price will be $56.99 plus $23.18 shipping plus any import duty and vat if you get nabbed.

Total with shipping $80.17  plus poss another $17.00 or so for UK customs  so total $97.00

UK Model shop retail will be £77.99 before dealer discount or ext vat £64.99

So before you go legging it overseas for a deal at least you have the information to hand.

We aim to have the first batch in the UK on or about end of October 2018

I'll be having some of those Mr F, I'll be in touch :)

Duncan B

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I'll be having some of those Mr F, I'll be in touch :)

Duncan B

And I’d be having one of you Duncan!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, exdraken said:

About time!

Anybody checked details if all parts are there to make a totally modern up to date USAF Strike Eagle ?

The weapons load out suggests so ;)

need to quote myself here!

any answers?

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, Witness said:

Interesting, I just watched an unboxing of this kit. One of the weapon sprues is IDENTICAL to the one in my Kinetic F/A-18 kit.... 

Yes, it's the generic Kinetic GBU/AIM-120/AIM-9 sprue. At least it is the darker grey plastic, the earlier dark yellow plastic Kinetic used in the SUFA boxings was truly awful with horrendous sprue gates. Not sure those AIM-120s and GBUs are quite up to the quality of the actual GWH weapons though. Strange choice from a company [GWH] that usually supplies high quality one-piece weapons?

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2018 at 12:21 AM, Dudikoff said:

Did they ever mention the possibility of releasing a boxing of the initial F-15E variant?

Not sure why they’d do that. The Revell F-15E is a perfectly good kit to model an ODS and earlier Strike Eagle. 

Mark

18 hours ago, madcat911 said:

Not sure why they’d do that. The Revell F-15E is a perfectly good kit to model an ODS and earlier Strike Eagle. 

Err, not the same company , so why wouldn't they if they see a potential for sales?

Edited by Dudikoff