Revell P-70 Missing Parts HELP!

Tweener

Recently bought the Revell boxing of the MPM P-70, sealed,only to discover tragedy has struck - sprue A didn't exist. I have no fuselage halves or a good part of the interior. In it's place came another sprue C.

I contacted Revell customer service, America, and Germany, 3 times each. Not a single reply.

What are my options? Should I try to contact MPM itself and hope and pray that there is something they can do?

Thanks, Tweener.

Do you have recourse to the vendor?

You are aware that Revell in the US has gone belly?  One suspects there is nobody home to answer.  There has been much ballyhoo on the 'net  but I haven't kept up with it.

I think I'd just pony up for a second kit and chalk it up to experience.

I would also suggest talking to the person/vendor you bought the kit from- possibly they could get a replacement kit or the missing sprue from their distributor.

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
removed incorrect link

If you have tried Revell, both US and Germany, multiple times without success and consumer law does not entitle you to return the product to the retailer you bought it from, I would give MPM/Special Hobby a try.  In my experience the Czechs still have old-fashioned ideas about customer service.  Special Hobby are currently selling off the last of the basic A-20 boxings so you may get lucky.  Good luck!

With the recent financial upheaval at Revell, I believe that the parts replacement service has been put on hold, that's probably why there's been no response to your queries. You may be out of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Special Hobby, I have managed to get replacement canopies for Azur kits after the one I had, had badly yellowed.

The service I have had from them has been first class.

So much so that I popped a not on the good sellers board on here to tell people about them !

good luck, and let us know how you get on.

cheers Pat

• 1 month later...