Dassault Super Mirage 4000

Really nice, a superb rendition of an a/c I really liked the looks of.  What was it like to build? I bought one thinking that after the nice things people had been saying about Modelvit's latest offerings it would be wonderful but after some initial trial fittings I was not impressed and put it aside.

Thank you guys!

19 hours ago, johnny akes said:

Very nice! Decals or masking? Either way the colour scheme is beautifully done.

The red chevrons are painted, the blue ones are decals.

19 hours ago, John R said:

Really nice, a superb rendition of an a/c I really liked the looks of.  What was it like to build? I bought one thinking that after the nice things people had been saying about Modelvit's latest offerings it would be wonderful but after some initial trial fittings I was not impressed and put it aside.

Well, they are short-run technology, so some additional work is required. The only real problem I had was when I wanted to close the canopy, it wouldn't fit - in the end I had to cut the whole avionics bay out of the model and shorten the behind the seat ledge... everything else was quite standard - a smear of putty here and there, nothing drastic.

13 hours ago, Rich G said:

You can see a little of the Rafale in the 4000, superb build, looks like a really nice kit.

Rich

Yeah it looks to me like a cross between 2000 and Rafale with a Mirage IV tail.

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice. I remember seeing her at Farnborough. Quite a machine :)

Martin

Wow, I'm a bit envious for that. I remember a VHS tapes my dad bought me in the late '80s and there was some airshow footage on there, including the Mirage 4000 performance. So this was in a way a childhood memory build.

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

6 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Lovely it looks better than the real thing 👌

Unfortunately it does - the open display at Paris museum doesn't do it much justice.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...