1/144 Victor B2 from Great Wall Hobby

Graham Boak

Sad but not surprised.  I was going to wait for the MikroMir but just realised it is going to be a B1.

OK next question.  Does anyone have 1/144 plans for a Blue Steel  (other scales considered.)  I must have something in my 1/72 spares box that can be bodged into a Blue Steel body.

Edited by Graham Boak

Hi Graham,

There is one in the Anigrand Vulcan B.2 kit. it is a manned version but the cockpit is hidden within the fuselage so this could do.  If you go for the GWH kit then  let me know and we could come to an arrangement.

Mike

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Sad but not surprised.  I was going to wait for the MikroMir but just realised it is going to be a B1.

OK next question.  Does anyone have 1/144 plans for a Blue Steel  (other scales considered.)  I must have something in my 1/72 spares box that can be bodged into a Blue Steel body.

Hi Graham. I'm pretty sure I have some plans in my ref files and they may well be 1/144 or certainly scaleable. Will need to check tonight. I'll let you know.

Terry

• Like 1

It would certainly be cheaper, and would provide not only a Blue Steel but (presumably) also the correct shape to cut out of the bomb bay doors.  However it is an early Welsh Models vacform, a company which I have tried in the past and not been sufficiently encouraged to try again.  Looking at the photo on the website, the nose and canopy look wrong.  So unless I can find someone who did that as a tanker and thus has unwanted  Blue Steel parts and bomb bay, I don't think I'll pursue that route.

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

Edited by Graham Boak

16 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

It would certainly be cheaper, and would provide not only a Blue Steel but (presumably) also the correct shape to cut out of the bomb bay doors.  However it is an early Welsh Models vacform, a company which I have tried in the past and not been sufficiently encouraged to try again.  Looking at the photo on the website, the nose and canopy look wrong.  So unless I can find someone who did that as a tanker and thus has unwanted  Blue Steel parts and bomb bay, I don't think I'll pursue that route.

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

I did, they also did a BS in their Vulcan kit. Need to dig it out the garage though

Back in the day did Scale Models International have some drawings done by Mr Bentley to 1/144 for the Victor with Blue Steel ?

Robert

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Back in the day did Scale Models International have some drawings done by Mr Bentley to 1/144 for the Victor with Blue Steel ?

Robert

Yes.  They also appeared in a Scale Models Special providing drawings and photo references for about 12 aircraft.  The Privateer and the Victor were the only ones I recall in 1/144.

• Like 1